STO Academy Forum
Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Printable Version

+- STO Academy Forum (http://forum.stoacademy.com)
+-- Forum: Star Trek Online (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: STO Discussions (http://forum.stoacademy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! (/showthread.php?tid=4396)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Bhaltair - 03-03-2017

Unfortunately those UR and Epic drop chances appear to be more in the sub 1% range.
I have one Epic and Zero Ur in over 250 boxes (last event included)

Do not underestimate those Upgrades!
Each upgrade gives you 51200 TP, which is the same as 4 Superior Upgrades.
Each Superior Upgrade would consume 1075 Dil, x4 = 4300 Dil.
Worse case scenario you pay 40,000 dil to get 10 UC = 10 Upgrades. 
Those are still worth 40 Superior upgrades = 43,000. 
So even then you make a good deal.
Now let's take your drop example and count 6 UC, 3 Rare and 1 VR = 16 Phoenix Upgrades.
Those are worh 64 Superior Upgrades / 68,800 Dil.
You always come up ahead if you get the 10 pack Phoenix boxes, no matter how bad you luck is.

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - RiverSong - 03-03-2017

So far i got about 100 upgrades. I did get one or two toons the console but mostly I have been getting the upgrades.

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Akimalyn2380 - 03-04-2017

yea, we would need to conduct a study of at least 1000 boxes opened at the same speed to get anywhere near an accurate scientific observation... all i can hypothesize is that the chances are on anything but a linear curve (math wasn't a strong suit of mine, but science was so purely guessing)... 

hmm... i wonder if i can do that on Tribble like the redditors did to determine lockbox keys and upgrades chances... I'm still waiting on someone there to get back to me on confirming my equations on figuring out how many upgrades it takes to get to a certain QIC % at mk xiv to make a rarity upgrade calculator.

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Glebben - 12-21-2017

Phoenix box is back until the 26th!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10745624

So time to stock up on DOFFs and upgrades...

(I got an Epic!)

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Trudard - 12-21-2017

Grats!

200 boxes later - no epic Sad

least i have plenty of upgrades!

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - RiverSong - 12-22-2017

Yeah the ones i have used hasn't really done much for raising  my main's items to epic. I think only one or two things became epic. And each time I use something it doesn't add anything really Sad

But they are useful if you have toons and you want to get their items to XIV without using much resources.  But since the dill exchange is kind of cheap, I am debating on just making zen. *sigh*  But I do have 96 phoenix packs

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - roughrider1988 - 12-23-2017

out of all my boxes  have scored 2 VR tokens and the rest were R or UC so i changed them all to UC and grabbed the upgrade tokens..... best bang for the buck imo as none of the other rewards at R and UC levels grab my interest.

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Trudard - 12-23-2017

I agree and the maths work out you save dill using the phoenix compared to the Superior upgrades.

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - Akimalyn2380 - 12-28-2017

(12-23-2017, 03:05 PM)Trudard Wrote: I agree and the maths work out you save dill using the phoenix compared to the Superior upgrades.

the math also correlates that the nix box (as i call them) is a more affordable way to improve an item's quality than wasting so much time harvesting and converting omega particles...

This time it seems they brought back the box for Christmas since the black friday deals weren't as great as last year... ended up missing it but i did get some data from the last event in the late summer after risa.
SOB did a youtube about how to increase the chances of getting good lockbox drops and apparently the nix box DOES work on the same system. Took those suggestions and tried it out: middle of the night in a sector away from the populated ones on the bridge of a paid ship (in my case the nx refit) ... had 216 boxes to open and within 112 boxes got my first ultra rare token :-) 

Two more tips i can pass on is to WAIT to open any boxes until a few weeks after the event ends when all the other impatient players blow through their chances (possibly increasing the callback quality rate)... you should also try to keep a consistent pace on the rate of clicking to open the boxes since the chance changes every half second... just like playing a drum roll.

It'll probably take me till next Christmas to get enough dill for 500 more boxes with the frequency that i play nowadays to get more solid confirmation of data... but anyways here's that video: jump to 5:33 for the time and location info/demo

RE: Return of the Phoenix Prize Pack!!! - roughrider1988 - 01-03-2018

(12-28-2017, 04:41 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: the math also correlates that the nix box (as i call them) is a more affordable way to improve an item's quality than wasting so much time harvesting and converting omega particles...

This time it seems they brought back the box for Christmas since the black friday deals weren't as great as last year... ended up missing it but i did get some data from the last event in the late summer after risa.
SOB did a youtube about how to increase the chances of getting good lockbox drops and apparently the nix box DOES work on the same system. Took those suggestions and tried it out: middle of the night in a sector away from the populated ones on the bridge of a paid ship (in my case the nx refit) ... had 216 boxes to open and within 112 boxes got my first ultra rare token :-) 

Two more tips i can pass on is to WAIT to open any boxes until a few weeks after the event ends when all the other impatient players blow through their chances (possibly increasing the callback quality rate)... you should also try to keep a consistent pace on the rate of clicking to open the boxes since the chance changes every half second... just like playing a drum roll.

It'll probably take me till next Christmas to get enough dill for 500 more boxes with the frequency that i play nowadays to get more solid confirmation of data... but anyways here's that video: jump to 5:33 for the time and location info/demo

good stuff to know......thanks