STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Fleet T'Varo Torpedo Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I FOUND this thread and would like your thoughts on it... I rolled a sci, currently LVL 1, so if I need to reroll for a Romulan, it's no biggie.

-----------------------------------------
Ship: T'Varo Retrofit

Skill Setup: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...uild=scivaro_0

Boff Layout:
Lt. Cmdr. Uni: TB1/TB2/VM1 (or GW)
Cmdr. Tac: THY1/TS2/DPBII/APDIII
Ens. Tac: TT1
Lt. Eng: EPtE1/Aux2SIF (or Eng Team 1 if you want more haul healing)
Lt. Sci: PH1/HE2

Weapons:
4 Transphasic Torpedoes (substittue for Breen Transphasics, or Rapid Reload Transphasics if you have them)
3 Transphasic Mines + 1 Cloaking Tractor Mine

Doffs: 2 Projectile Weapons Officers, 2 Systems Eng., 1 Tractor Beam Officer

Power Levels: 15 Weapons/50 Shields/45 Engines/50 Aux

Equipment: Breen 2 + Borg Deflector (or a Positron Deflector), OR Klingon Honor Guard (Adapted MACO if Fed-Rom).

Using the Enhanced Battle Cloak, lay a web of mines with some tractor mines here and there. Use your tractor beams to hold enemies in place while the mines arm while you bombard with torpedoes. VM1 will help with shutdown as well, or use Gravity Well if you prefer area grasping. Use EPtE if you need to escape or turn quickly, and Aux2SIF for healing. Watch out for prolonged engagements, this is really a hit and run build/trapper build.

TacPaddy

Your build in general seems solid. I've never been much of a Minelayer, so I have other stuff at the aft Slots.
(06-26-2013, 11:11 AM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]Weapons:
4 Transphasic Torpedoes (substittue for Breen Transphasics, or Rapid Reload Transphasics if you have them)
3 Transphasic Mines + 1 Cloaking Tractor Mine
I believe you meant either 3 Transphasic Mines or 2 Transphasic Mines / 1 Cloaking Tractor Mine, right?

What about consoles? Singularity Stabilizer and Plasma Destabilzer seem to be mandatory for a T'Varo Torpedo build nowadays, don't you agree? After all it gives another 10% Damage Bonus on Projectiles AND reduce their Cooldown by 20%. Now we want that on a Torpedo Boat, don't we? Well, at least I do. Tongue

Just for the fun of it, here is my T'Varo Torpedo build. The missing Engineering Consoles are the Singularity Stabilizer and the Plasma Destabilizer. The Plasma Torpedo in the aft is actually the Bio-Molecular Warhead, btw.
(06-26-2013, 11:22 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Your build in general seems solid. I've never been much of a Minelayer, so I have other stuff at the aft Slots.
I believe you meant either 3 Transphasic Mines or 2 Transphasic Mines / 1 Cloaking Tractor Mine, right?

What about consoles? Singularity Stabilizer and Plasma Destabilzer seem to be mandatory for a T'Varo Torpedo build nowadays, don't you agree? After all it gives another 10% Damage Bonus on Projectiles AND reduce their Cooldown by 20%. Now we want that on a Torpedo Boat, don't we? Well, at least I do. Tongue

Just for the fun of it, here is my T'Varo Torpedo build. The missing Engineering Consoles are the Singularity Stabilizer and the Plasma Destabilizer. The Plasma Torpedo in the aft is actually the Bio-Molecular Warhead, btw.
EVEN BETTER! Thanks TP Smile From what I noticed, you can lay mines without de-cloaking? One last, is this build any good for PvE? I like the well rounded load, but if not, I'll stick with PvP and just fly another ship. Smile

Found another T'Varo build!

http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/commen...d_but_not/

TacPaddy

(06-26-2013, 12:02 PM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]EVEN BETTER! Thanks TP Smile From what I noticed, you can lay mines without de-cloaking?
According to the Game, it allows you to fire Torpedoes and Mines, while cloaked. The Enhanced Battle Cloak will briefly decloak, when you fire and will re-engage the Cloak shortly thereafter.
(06-26-2013, 12:02 PM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]One last, is this build any good for PvE? I like the well rounded load, but if not, I'll stick with PvP and just fly another ship. Smile
I've used my Torpedo build in some STFs and found it to be practical, especially when it comes to obliterating stationary and slow moving targets.
(06-26-2013, 12:02 PM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]Found another T'Varo build!
http://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/commen...d_but_not/
In regards of the BOFF Abilities, this one looks promising. However, there are too many different Torpedoes for my taste (and I really mean mine). Also I disagree with the engineering and science consoles layout. In my opinion, a Torpedo Boat must be stealthy for the element of surprise. So Stealth Modules would be probably better.
I am working a Romulan character up to the Fleet T'varo as well. I am thinking of the load out/skills for the build with a submarine in mind: 1) max torpedos (damage, crits, accuracy, etc.), 2) max stealth, 3) max engines (to get the hell out of town when the destroyers spot you).

TacPaddy

(06-26-2013, 03:55 PM)Wavemanmav Wrote: [ -> ]I am working a Romulan character up to the Fleet T'varo as well. I am thinking of the load out/skills for the build with a submarine in mind: 1) max torpedos (damage, crits, accuracy, etc.), 2) max stealth, 3) max engines (to get the hell out of town when the destroyers spot you).
That's the basic idea. And having served in the Navy, I know stealth is paramount for Subs. Never underestimate the element of surprise. Smile
Looking forward to getting enough torps to load out Montara's brel

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Unrelated question: Does the Mogai make a good beam boat, or should I invest in cannons?
For those who have the retrofit/fleet retrofit, if you equip it with torpedoes and cannon and then fire while cloaked, will the torpedoes only fire, or will the battle cloak simply not disengage as it would if you were an all torpedo boat?
You remain cloaked, you can shoot torpedos, which decloaks you briefly (mines don't do that), but any energy weapon (beams, cannons) will not be fired, and after torpedos are out, you cloak again. Same as enhanced battle cloak on (Fleet) B'rel BoP Retrofit.
Here is description:
"Enhanced Battle Cloak grants stealth to your starship, but lowers your shields while active. Battle Cloak can be activated in combat, and allows torpedoes, mines, and most Bridge Officer and Captain abilities to be activated while the Cloak is active. When attacking while cloaked, the ships cloak will drop for a few seconds, leaving the ship momentarily exposed with the shields down."
Pages: 1 2