STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Risa Summer Event - (Lohlunat Summer Event)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(06-18-2013, 02:29 PM)ChrisHerr Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings all,

Dan Stahl was speaking at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), and one thing he mentioned was details on the summer event!

Summer event on Risa

"I was pleased to hear Stahl confirm that later this month we will see the implementation of the new summer event to act as a companion to the game's popular winter event held every December. He stated that the event's scope will not be much different from that of the winter games, but it will celebrate the season. It also is a great reason to use a social zone that has been in existence in the game since its original launch but is very rarely ever used since no missions involve the area.
Risa had become a place a player went to escape and dance while they spoke with her friends on the chat server."

-----

So, I assume if it's similar scope, that means we might be able to get a ship out of it. ; ) I wonder what kind of ship they might have for us, and will it be as good as the Breen ship?

Any thoughts on what ship it might be?

There is a rumored leak through the tribble server that it will be a Risian Corvette-

(It's still listed in the Tribble Calendar-)

Lohlunat Summer Event

June 27 - August 15

Enjoy the Tropical Beaches of Risa

Risa has opened it's beaches to all comers for a seasonal celebration!

WOW- I found a screenshot- ; )

Looks like we will be busy working to collect 1000 Risian Lohlunat Pearls, of which you can collect by completing the Grav Glider Challenge/s on Risa during the Summer Event.
Sweet I'll bring the beer. Tongue

TacPaddy

A Risian Corvette? Hm, am I the only one who finds it hard to believe, that a peaceful planet like Risa would have military vessels? I can't wait for the Dev Blog and the details for the background of that Ship.
(06-18-2013, 08:46 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]A Risian Corvette? Hm, am I the only one who finds it hard to believe, that a peaceful planet like Risa would have military vessels? I can't wait for the Dev Blog and the details for the background of that Ship.
It could be a civilian ship, like the Tuffli

TacPaddy

(06-18-2013, 09:15 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]It could be a civilian ship, like the Tuffli
I doubt that. Corvette implies it to be military.
Either way, Civilian or Military, GREAT POST!!! Smile Something to look forward too.
Wait, for Q's Winter Wonderland, do all your toons get the breen ship, or does each one have to individually get it?

TacPaddy

(06-19-2013, 09:32 AM)Xakthul Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, for Q's Winter Wonderland, do all your toons get the breen ship, or does each one have to individually get it?
Each Toon had to get it individually.
Ok thanks.
Just to make it clear, the Breen ship isn't available every winter. In 2011 they gave away a Jem'Hadar attack ship and in 2012 it was the Breen ship. So this year it will most likely be something different as well. Either way, each toon has to get it.
(06-19-2013, 12:26 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make it clear, the Breen ship isn't available every winter. In 2011 they gave away a Jem'Hadar attack ship and in 2012 it was the Breen ship. So this year it will most likely be something different as well. Either way, each toon has to get it.
Which makes things really nuts for those of us that have a fairly high stack of characters. I suspect I'll pick whichever toon that will best benefit from the ship and go from there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5