STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Steam Overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
Now I know its not officially supported or whatever but there must be a way to get it working :p.
Myself and 2 mates, who have played STO from the beginning, have added it into Steam, we use CTRL+SHIFT (or whatever it is :p) and the Steam Overlay works fine.
Now a 3rd mate who's just started playing, downloaded it through Steam i believe, he can't get the Overlay to work at all.
I've had him uninstall and reinstall, check the option is ticked in the Game properties, check the files integrity but nothing works.
He's posted on Steam community but they say it can't be done yet mine works fine :p.
Any ideas?
Andy
(06-18-2013, 08:18 AM)Rebo00 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
Now I know its not officially supported or whatever but there must be a way to get it working :p.
Myself and 2 mates, who have played STO from the beginning, have added it into Steam, we use CTRL+SHIFT (or whatever it is :p) and the Steam Overlay works fine.
Now a 3rd mate who's just started playing, downloaded it through Steam i believe, he can't get the Overlay to work at all.
I've had him uninstall and reinstall, check the option is ticked in the Game properties, check the files integrity but nothing works.
He's posted on Steam community but they say it can't be done yet mine works fine :p.
Any ideas?
Andy
Did you download the STO launcher, or did you get it from Steam?
(06-18-2013, 08:18 AM)Rebo00 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
Any ideas?
Andy
I used to run STO through Steam, but there were issues of getting bumped half the time. Better to run STO on it's own.
Hmmmmmmmm, I bought the retail copy when it was first released by Cryptic and then added it into Steam. I now launch it from Steam but that only launches the STO Launcher, you then have to login from there and it runs the game.
I've had no issues with running it through Steam so maybe they've improved performance.
Note: TeamViewer causes the STO Launcher to crash if anyone uses that :p.