STO Academy Forum

Full Version: B'Rel Retrofit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always wanted to grab one.. and am wondering if it would be an awesome PvP ship. If I make it a Torp boat with enhanced cloak, I think I could tear stuff up. Does anyone have experience with this ship?
Not directly, but I've wondered about it myself. I've heard it's something of a glass cannon, though--pretty low HP, so if you get hit (especially when cloaked, i.e. no shields) you're a dead man. And in PvP people tend to have ways to find cloaked ships, so I've heard.

Maybe go to tribble and start a new KDF character--the BoP is your first ship. You can tool around with it, knowing that the T5 version is the same, but better. Smile

TacPaddy

The B'rel Bird-of-Prey Retrofit can be real fun, especially in PvP. I was able to kill Attilio's Dreadnought several times with the I.K.S. BaltQ'Peng'Duj in PvP during STOA's 3 year anniversary.

However, all this change with the Release of Legacy of Romulus. Although the B'rel Retrofit has the Benefit of 4 Universal BOFFs, the romulan T'Varo Retrofit still beats it in my Opinion. It has three Aft Weapon Slots. The Plasma Destabilizer Console is effectively another Torpedo up front and if you equip the Singularity Stabilzer as well, you get a Set Bonus that gives +10% Projectile Damage and 20% Cooldown on Projectiles.

Until LoR, I thought the B'rel Retrofit would be mean, but now I know the T'Varo Retrofit is meaner.
Is there a Romulan Warbird with advanced battle cloak?

TacPaddy

(06-14-2013, 10:50 AM)Xakthul Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a Romulan Warbird with advanced battle cloak?
I believe you are referring to the "Enhanced Battle Cloak" and yes, there is. I should have made that more clear in my previous post.
THANK YOU TP!!! I had totally not even considered the T'varo and the dang thing is sitting in my hangar just collecting dust.

WHat torps would you recommend TP?

TacPaddy

(06-14-2013, 12:28 PM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]THANK YOU TP!!! I had totally not even considered the T'varo and the dang thing is sitting in my hangar just collecting dust.

WHat torps would you recommend TP?
On my T'Varo Retrofit, I use 3x Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo Launcher, 1x Bio-Neural Warhead, 1x Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo, 1 Bio-Molecular Warhead and 1x Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher. I use the complete Breen Absolute Zero Set, 3 Transphasic Compressors, 3x Stealth Modules, the Plasma Destabilizer, the Singularity Stabilizer. I think that's it. Smile
Kha'ram just hit Captain, and I'm using transphasic weapons like a madman on my Exploration Cruiser.