STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Console shopping on the Exchange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently there are any number of specialized consoles floating around on the Exchange these days. Barring the obvious ones for shield boost, hull boost, and weapons boost, (speaking very generally) what are the best consoles being found for sale?

I'm getting good builds with what I have so far, but I feel like I'm missing something. Time to pick the fleet brains.... Starfleet
The big one right now (for Romulans anyway) are RCS consoles. If you have extra ones lying around--especially purples--consider selling them. You'll make a tidy profit.
Anyone who wants to fly a Ha'apax or Big D will want one, so they're going pretty hot.

TacPaddy

(06-11-2013, 07:51 PM)tobiasosir Wrote: [ -> ]The big one right now (for Romulans anyway) are RCS consoles. If you have extra ones lying around--especially purples--consider selling them. You'll make a tidy profit.
Anyone who wants to fly a Ha'apax or Big D will want one, so they're going pretty hot.
In general, I would agree with you. However, I took a look at RCS Accelerators today and they were not that expensive. So the profit margin will probably be lower then expected.
Subspace Jump Console. Get one for your ships. They are amazing.
Hmmm...maybe I jumped on the RCS bandwagong too early. I picked up a Mk XI for over a million ec...
Putting the subspace console on the list for tonight.

I did get a Plasmonic Leech last night to play with. That had interesting results with my power settings on my Fleet Excelsior. It kept a solid trickle of power into the systems and would push the totals above the settings at various times.
Plasmonic Leech is good just not as universal as Subspace. I honestly cant think of a ship confige that a subspace would not be at least a neutral choice on.
Man I can think of only a few ships that Plasmonic Leech doesn't rock on. Anything that vaguely relies on energy weapons benefits from it hugely!
Is Plasmonic Leech really that good? I've had one in my inventory for a few weeks and haven't tried it yet...
(06-13-2013, 10:06 AM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]Is Plasmonic Leech really that good? I've had one in my inventory for a few weeks and haven't tried it yet...
Well, if it's equipped, it's much harder to run your power levels dry as long as you still have shields. I tend to run with my power configured on the defensive and I don't run out of power for my weapons at all with this thing on the ship. Caveat to that- I am typically cannon armed rather than beam so I have not tested that with beams yet.
Pages: 1 2