STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Romulan Doffing tip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's very good for grinding whites for projects!
I upgraded my doff's to 200 positions yesterday and filled them up with support packs. I need to figure out how to turn in for higher quality doff's... this system is very confusing too me.
There's several ways to get better duty officers.

You can go along to the Academy and speak to the personnel officers. There, you can exchange "underperforming" duty officers for better ones. You generally exchange 5 officers (and a substantial dilithium admin fee) for 1 slightly-better officer. The admin fee increases depending on the level of the exchange - common for uncommon is fairly cheap but rare for very rare can get very pricey.

If you're saving your dilithium and don't want to feel the frustration of getting yet another unwanted DOFF in return, you can always just buy the ones you want on the exchange (which can be very expensive for the in-demand ones).

There are various DOFF missions in which you can acquire new officers. Prisoner exchanges and colonial work in star clusters are good.

You also get a free DOFF whenever you go up a Commendation rank. Some also allow you to replicate emergency holograms (e.g. you can get a very rare Emergency Medical Hologram when you reach rank 4 - a bargain at 1 million EC!).

Alternatively, if you've gone through the various diplomatic missions (e.g. in Beta Ursae) you can take part in exchange programs. These are DOFF missions in which you can trade in one of your officers for one from a selection of races, e.g. Cardassian, Bajoran. These races are on the lookout for certain qualities in their intakes, for example, Bajorans like officers with a Spiritual trait; this, plus the quality of the officer, affects the probability of getting a good officer in return. It is (in theory) possible to swap a common for a very rare officer this way.

(06-03-2013, 12:51 PM)Hijaak Wrote: [ -> ]I upgraded my doff's to 200 positions yesterday and filled them up with support packs. I need to figure out how to turn in for higher quality doff's... this system is very confusing too me.
You can also drop common doffs in to fleet projects in exchange for Fleet Credits, then buy the better doffs from the fleet vendor. Not only do you swap common doffs out, it also helps your fleet.

I believe that they refer to that as a win-win situation. My own favourite Kobayashi Maru!
WOW!!! Thank you Sidorna!!! That totally helps me out.

Yea, every time I log in, the first thing I check is getting rid of common doff's on Fleet projects, that part was a no brainer to me... sacrifice one for the good of the many Smile