STO Academy Forum

Full Version: TOS Remake movies... POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What did you think of Into Darkness? I thought it was awesome, but I don't want to spoil the movie for anybody who didn't see it... Vulcan

TacPaddy

After I watched Star Trek (2009), I was outraged. I could not believe, what I saw. I saw a Starfleet Cadet, in his third / fourth year (matter of perspective) getting directly a Starship Command. I mean WTF? Ever heard of an Ensign graduating from Annapolis getting an immediate Command? I don't. What's with Chekov? Star Trek (2009) plays in 2258. Chekov's born in 2245! He is 13 years old and he is not a Wesley Crusher-type Wunderkind.

It took me 3 years to learn to live with the Alternate Universe. 3 Years! Then I watched Star Trek Into Darkness.

I was delighted to see, that Kirk got a reprimand and was deemed to be not fit for command. After all, he did not really gained any Experience in the Service, since he did not serve aboard Ships like the Republic or the Farragut. But well his "demotion" only lasted a few minutes. The real true WTF-Moment for me was when Scotty resigned and Kirk made Chekov the new Chief. Why? Because he occassionally looked over Scotty's shoulders??? I mean "Hello!?!?!". Aren't there any other Lieutenant / Ensigns in the whole Engineering Department, that are better suited for the Job?
It really went downhill from there. Let's face it, J.J. Abrams created an Alternate Universe, so that Writers would not have a hard time because of Canon. Well, that's okay. It took me 3 Years to accept, but that's okay. But why in all the fracking world, does he copy Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan then?!
From the moment on, that Khan and his frozen Crew were revealed, the whole Movie was so damn predictable, that I was even capable of prediciting most Dialogues. Argh!

I could have enjoyed the movie, but I failed to forget everything I know about Star Trek.
Just think.... everything you know about the original timeline is now reversed. So.... SPOCK yells KHAAAAAAN! as KIRK is dying. All the reverses were logical except for that cute, admittedly dead, Tribble's resurrection.

One more thing: "Harisson" , my ass
(05-28-2013, 08:30 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]After I watched Star Trek (2009), I was outraged. I could not believe, what I saw. I saw a Starfleet Cadet, in his third / fourth year (matter of perspective) getting directly a Starship Command. I mean WTF? Ever heard of an Ensign graduating from Annapolis getting an immediate Command? I don't. What's with Chekov? Star Trek (2009) plays in 2258. Chekov's born in 2245! He is 13 years old and he is not a Wesley Crusher-type Wunderkind.

It took me 3 years to learn to live with the Alternate Universe. 3 Years! Then I watched Star Trek Into Darkness.

I was delighted to see, that Kirk got a reprimand and was deemed to be not fit for command. After all, he did not really gained any Experience in the Service, since he did not serve aboard Ships like the Republic or the Farragut. But well his "demotion" only lasted a few minutes. The real true WTF-Moment for me was when Scotty resigned and Kirk made Chekov the new Chief. Why? Because he occassionally looked over Scotty's shoulders??? I mean "Hello!?!?!". Aren't there any other Lieutenant / Ensigns in the whole Engineering Department, that are better suited for the Job?
It really went downhill from there. Let's face it, J.J. Abrams created an Alternate Universe, so that Writers would not have a hard time because of Canon. Well, that's okay. It took me 3 Years to accept, but that's okay. But why in all the fracking world, does he copy Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan then?!
From the moment on, that Khan and his frozen Crew were revealed, the whole Movie was so damn predictable, that I was even capable of prediciting most Dialogues. Argh!

I could have enjoyed the movie, but I failed to forget everything I know about Star Trek.
I can see your point, although J.J. Abrams stated that he made these movies more for the people who are not Star Trek fans or have seen the previous movies or series. I agree there are moments in the movie where I was saying "Huh?" Whoever takes over directing the next one will have a different view on how the movie will be made, since Abrams will be directing Star Wars, which I am sure will piss off the die-hard SW fans. I just hope there will be more movies and possibly a series in the horizon.
Well... J.J. Abrams is better at least than getting some Disney director for Star Wars VII-IX.
Into Darkness or TOS? I can't decide...

TOS Dr. Marcus

Into Darkness Dr. Marcus

TOS Nyota Uhura

Zoe Saldana as Nyota Uhura

Hmmm... I think I decided.... Big Grin

You mad, bro?
Yeah, I linked them from google... What happened?

It showed up before I posted it...
Xakthul are you going to the site and copying links from there or are you just copying the links from the google image search page? If the latter thats the problem.
Oh.... but the images were all from the actual pages, including the ones on the STO memes Thread
Only thing I can say is the sites must not allow linking to them then. I know funnyjunk for example doesnt allow image links to its site so maybe where ever you got them is similar?
Pages: 1 2