STO Academy Forum

Full Version: TacPaddy and his Toon site!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, if you haven't seen it check this site out. TP his done an awesome job on his toons... I'm actually thinking of launching one myself.

GREAT JOB TP!!!

http://tacpaddy.eu/characters/ptriq

TacPaddy

LOL. I guess, I've called for that. Picard Facepalm Wink
Seriously man, I'm really going to focus on character stories and launch a site... you totally got me motivated to do this Smile Like I said earlier... you and Mon'T and Chris have really made this game for me. All the help and teaming on STFs and Defara / Nukera, I really enjoy playing STO. EVERYONE in the Fleet are just awesome to team with.

TacPaddy

Well you won't get an argument from me as I totally agree. Big Grin
I concur, it's fascinating. ( Spock speaking).

Hurrah TP ! Nice team you got there :p I like how you and Attilio get nice websites done. For the record, I'm a web developer too ^^

TacPaddy

(05-26-2013, 04:12 PM)Saarak Wrote: [ -> ]I concur, it's fascinating. ( Spock speaking).

Hurrah TP ! Nice team you got there :p I like how you and Attilio get nice websites done. For the record, I'm a web developer too ^^
Thank you, but I just use Tools. In this case Joomla CMS. Attilio is the genius. His website is individually coded as far as I know. Big Grin
(05-26-2013, 08:34 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, but I just use Tools. In this case Joomla CMS. Attilio is the genius. His website is individually coded as far as I know. Big Grin
Genius? Blush

Ok yeah I'm a genius Big Grin lol

I like the site TP. It's nice to see people put an effort into their characters. I really should at least write a bio for mine, but I'm too lazy haha
Your bios are awesome! How do I make a site like that?

As long as I can log onto STO, see you guys on Wednesday. Gotta get my Fed off Area 51, sec. 31 and join Militia. See you soon!

TacPaddy

(05-26-2013, 09:49 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]I like the site TP. It's nice to see people put an effort into their characters.

Thanks Boss. Coming from you, that's high praise. Wink

(05-27-2013, 02:11 AM)Xakthul Wrote: [ -> ]Your bios are awesome! How do I make a site like that?

The site is created using Joomla CMS v2.5.11, the Template (major look) was done using a Friend's Artisteer program. Basically you need a web provider that provides you with at least PHP 5.2.4+ and a MySQL 5.04+ Database. Of course, you can also host it on our own PC using Apache Server and a static IP-Address. Yeah okay, you can circumvent that with DynDNS, but who wants to run his PC 24/7 anyway? Wink
And of courses there are web providers that are cheap, can't remember the names, but it's like 5$/month, with Shell and stuff.
Personnally I use WordPress, as it is much easier to use than Joomla ( sorry TP xD ).
Pages: 1 2