STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Romie Fleet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been in the void for quite some time but Im back now (better part of a month or there about) and there have been some massive changes. Have a question - Once LoR expansion hits Im sure most everyone is going to create a Romie Toon. Im not postive how the "Ally" with Fed or Klink factions will work but are we going to have a new fleet set up for the Romie side?

(Did a search but didnt come up with anything of this nature or just didnt hit the right key words)

~VA Feyd Harkonnen of the U.S.S C'thia - D'Kry Science Vessel
Short answer: No

Long answer: Romulans can not create seperate fleets. When you choose to ally with fed/kdf you then gain the ability to join fleets of that faction. So all new romulan characters will either join one of the fed/kdf fleets we currently have or go fleetless
Well, rommies can create separate fleets, but all the characters have to be of the same ally

TacPaddy

(05-10-2013, 07:50 PM)Harkonnen Wrote: [ -> ]Im not postive how the "Ally" with Fed or Klink factions will work but are we going to have a new fleet set up for the Romie side?

(05-10-2013, 09:19 PM)Blakmage86 Wrote: [ -> ]Short answer: No
Long answer: Romulans can not create seperate fleets. When you choose to ally with fed/kdf you then gain the ability to join fleets of that faction. So all new romulan characters will either join one of the fed/kdf fleets we currently have or go fleetless

To further specify / clarify this: Regarding to the above mentioned options, it would have been necessary to create two separate Fleets. This was rejected by the Office of the Admiralty. It has been then decided that Romulan Character can join the open Fleets of the STO Academy. If you decide for your Romulan character to ally with the Federation, then that character can join the STO Academy Militia. If you decide to ally with the Klingon Empire, then you can join the STO Academy Legion.
Ok cool deal. I hadnt thought but the fact that it would have to be two different fleets just Romie aspect of things. Thanks for clearing things up.
I plan to have my Romulan (Kima) join the Legion. I guess you can't join a fleet until you choose a side, though, around level 10.

My question is: how much room is in either fleet? If everyone who's a current fleet member created one character and joined one of either of the fleets, I imagine they'd fill up fast. Of course some people won't bother even creating a Rom, and I don't know how close we are to the cap. Will this be an issue?

Will Cryptic add to the cap for fleets, expecting an influx of Romulan/Reman allies?

TacPaddy

(05-11-2013, 01:20 PM)tobiasosir Wrote: [ -> ]I plan to have my Romulan (Kima) join the Legion. I guess you can't join a fleet until you choose a side, though, around level 10.

My question is: how much room is in either fleet? If everyone who's a current fleet member created one character and joined one of either of the fleets, I imagine they'd fill up fast. Of course some people won't bother even creating a Rom, and I don't know how close we are to the cap. Will this be an issue?

Will Cryptic add to the cap for fleets, expecting an influx of Romulan/Reman allies?
There will be no increase in the Fleet Member Cap anytime soon. According to Cryptic, this is because of technical issues.
So far, there is still enough Room in either the Militia and the Legion for Romulan Characters to join. However, I advise you to limit that to one Character per Handle. I'm not entirely sure, but I imagine, that there will be a Fleet mail addressing this topic shortly before LoR is released.
(05-10-2013, 11:10 PM)Jstagg Wrote: [ -> ]Well, rommies can create separate fleets, but all the characters have to be of the same ally
Sorry should have been more clear. I meant they cant create a romulan specific faction fleet.
The cap for fleets is 500 characters and as already stated, Cryptic won't be increasing the cap.

I don't predict that we'll reach the cap in either the Militia or Legion even with all the new Rom toons (however we'll probably begin to get close). If by some chance we do get dangerously close to the cap then I'll remove members who haven't been active within the previous 6 months.

I do this based on all characters on your account. So if Player X (for example) has five toons and they all haven't been played within the previous 6 months, then I completely remove Player X from the fleet. If only one of those five toons was online then all of them get to stay.

I did this in the Academy before we came to the decision to close recruitment there and open it in the Militia. It cleared up a lot of room for new toons. If by some chance this proves to be not enough then there is still the option of opening more fleets.
Thanks for the input bosses! I'm looking forward to participating with a third character in the fleet.
Pages: 1 2