STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Crystalline Catastrophe event - April 11th to May 2nd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

TacPaddy

(04-08-2013, 08:32 PM)ChrisHerr Wrote: [ -> ]The reward for completing the project will be 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 1,000 Fleet Marks, and a unique Crystal Shard Space Non-Combat Pet. And if you gather more than 14 Crystal Shards, each additional one can be traded in for another 100 Fleet Marks, using another Event Reputation Project that will become available after the main Project is completed.
This will definitely worth my time. I'm looking forward of doing this with you guys.
It's run as two teams of 5 and there is no need to communicate. All you have to do is focus fire on the Crystalline Entity until it's destroyed, completely ignoring the Tholians. The only bit of strategy that is involved is paying attention to your screen. A notification will pop up telling you to stop firing at it because it is absorbing energy. After about 30 seconds it will release the energy it absorbed causing damage.

I played it about 5 times on the Red Shirt server and I can honestly say it's easy enough. I didn't even read the information from the Admiral. With a good team it can take 10 minutes to complete.
Should be interesting, of course I've got 6 alts currently... ugh. I don't know how I'm going to fit that into a reasonable schedule... Still, for anyone playing evenings on EST, I shall be here!
Mon'T and Monti queuing for the dili and FMs!
I'd love to get involved--it would be my first time running an event with the fleet! My in-game time is all over the place though, so I can't guarantee when I'll be able to come in. Usually Saturday and Sunday mornings (the dogs always get me up far too early), sometimes in the evenings. I'll keep an eye out for you guys.
(04-08-2013, 10:01 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]It's run as two teams of 5 and there is no need to communicate. All you have to do is focus fire on the Crystalline Entity until it's destroyed, completely ignoring the Tholians. The only bit of strategy that is involved is paying attention to your screen. A notification will pop up telling you to stop firing at it because it is absorbing energy. After about 30 seconds it will release the energy it absorbed causing damage.

I played it about 5 times on the Red Shirt server and I can honestly say it's easy enough. I didn't even read the information from the Admiral. With a good team it can take 10 minutes to complete.
Apparently this is vastly different from the old crystalline entity event if you consider it easy.
Okay...........so....................

New tab in the Rep for events - you can set the Crystal event running. Looks nice.

PVE tab shows the event, and queue like normal.

As already said, smack the entity, when absorbing hold fire/target the Tholians. Avoid/shoot the large shards that come out. Rinse repeat.

The instance itself gives dili and gear, which is nice (considering there is also 50k dili on offer for completing the rep event), plus a shard to contribute to the event project in the rep tab

SIMPLES!
(04-10-2013, 07:36 PM)Blakmage86 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently this is vastly different from the old crystalline entity event if you consider it easy.
Definitely different. Now you don't have every person on the team throwing out some random strategy that they just made up. Just shoot the damn thing lol
And there is an Accolade! But I can't see what it is again now - I think you need to get hit by the energy discharge after absorb phase. but I didn't die, so that might also be it
I was surprised how easy it was. I just wish they had a counter telling you when you were eligible for the daily reward again.
Pages: 1 2 3