STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Foundry Grinding gets more difficult.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TacPaddy

As mentioned in today's Release notes, NPC Groups that are set to "Timid Creature" will fight back, when taking damage.

This means effectively, if you play Foundry missions like "easy money" or "easy money kdf", the enemy will NOT hold still any more, BUT will instantly fight back.

Keep this in mind, when you attempt your next Foundry Grind.

LLAP
TacPaddy
I don't like that, and not because of the "easy money" missions but because of area attacks. What if I put timid creatures on a map, throw a bomb, they take damage, and now attack me. This is partially why I don't like people taking advantage of the foundry for something like "easy money" because it sort of gets ruined for everyone else.

Although I am guilty of playing it multiple times and making my easy money lol. I really can't blame Cryptic for implementing this simply because they have a vision that Foundry should be used for missions and not stuff like this.

TacPaddy

Attilio Wrote:Although I am guilty of playing it multiple times and making my easy money lol. I really can't blame Cryptic for implementing this simply because they have a vision that Foundry should be used for missions and not stuff like this.

Let's be honest here, it was only a matter of time, before Cryptic comes up with a countermeasure. Smile
When you're right, you're right.
I just saw a tweet about this with a very good point. This new function can let us create realistic Borg where they don't attack unless threatened.

TacPaddy

Attilio Wrote:I just saw a tweet about this with a very good point. This new function can let us create realistic Borg where they don't attack unless threatened.

I thought of this earlier too. I just didn't mentioned it, because I foolishly thought of it as self-explanatory. :lol:

EDIT: However, I like "True Combat" better. Smile
lol I completely forgot about the Borg, mainly because I really try to avoid using them in missions. I see too much of the Borg in STFs, I don't need them in my missions too lol

True Combat is really nice.
Attilio Wrote:I don't like that, and not because of the "easy money" missions but because of area attacks. What if I put timid creatures on a map, throw a bomb, they take damage, and now attack me. This is partially why I don't like people taking advantage of the foundry for something like "easy money" because it sort of gets ruined for everyone else.

Although I am guilty of playing it multiple times and making my easy money lol. I really can't blame Cryptic for implementing this simply because they have a vision that Foundry should be used for missions and not stuff like this.

There should be a No-Combat setting where you can make them completely passive but killing them wont drop any rewards/xp. This would allow you to set up creatures like what you are talking about in missions that are not meant to be fought yet would prevent things like the easy money mission.
I just liked it so I could work on my ship's capabilities.
You sound like MMO noobies Been playing for 30 years Everquest lotro and countless others and there is nothing wrong with having farming areas or zones for higher lvl players for a variety of useful reasons that any vet of MMOs is well aware of; Cryptic isnt just eliminating the possibility of farming in the foundry missions but all possibility of all farming throughout the game. Its idocy and frustrating.
Pages: 1 2