STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Operation: Riposte!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Operation: Riposte!

More Discovery Era content, although that is hardly surprising, perhaps we may get more TNG onwards era content when the Picard series lands.

It may just be me being cynical, but the new TFO sounds very similar to Gateway to Gre'thor, but I'll leave the jury out till I've played it.

The free T6 ship sounds intriguing, although;
3000 event tokens / 50 tokens each day (20 hour)  = 60 Days (1200 hours)

Each event runs for 3 weeks (Usually) 

7 days * 3 = 21 Days per event

Long and short, to get the ship you can only miss 3 days overall, depending how often the double days are run...
Hopefully the tokens can be stored for the next event?

Either way, more stuff to do, and more opportunities for players to get the T6 ship of their choice!
I hope this doesn't require high-end gears to complete
Interesting update!

It has been confirmed by ambassadorkael that the new TFO is NOT a re-skinned existing TFO, but instead an all new encounter. 

"Since I've seen it asked a bunch this morning: This is a brand new TFO, not an updated Gateway to Gre'thor. In the future, if we ever do a reimagined TFO again, I'll let you guys know when we first announce it."

Good news indeed!
(04-17-2019, 02:02 PM)Belgevain Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting update!

It has been confirmed by ambassadorkael that the new TFO is NOT a re-skinned existing TFO, but instead an all new encounter. 

"Since I've seen it asked a bunch this morning: This is a brand new TFO, not an updated Gateway to Gre'thor. In the future, if we ever do a reimagined TFO again, I'll let you guys know when we first announce it."

Good news indeed!

I hope it sticks around then if it's good! The ground Pahvo was brilliant (mainly because it was easy af)
I just hope it isn't time gated too much, as that seems to be the best way to reduce AFKers
News just in... It's FUN! Not too time-gated, plenty to do!
indeed a fun tfo to so, just like pavho ground was. quick , easy and not boring at all. hope future tfo's will be of the same calibre.
I'm pretty new to TFO stuff, but man is this fun!
I'm glad this is the one I started with, it's nice and new person / random strangers friendly. Clear objectives, plenty to do, and straight forward enough for a newbie to fumble their way through it without any issues.
(04-20-2019, 05:56 PM)CaptUntouchable Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty new to TFO stuff, but man is this fun!
I'm glad this is the one I started with, it's nice and new person / random strangers friendly. Clear objectives, plenty to do, and straight forward enough for a newbie to fumble their way through it without any issues.

Precisely! Unfortunately, despite many advantages, the Random TFO system does on occasion through in some of the old Borg Ground TFOs which are anything but new player friendly! Often leading to resentment from those who are trying to complete them properly.

If you enjoy this TFO though, feel free to shoot me a message in game anytime, I'm always happy to run TFOs, and show people the ropes on the more complicated ones!
(04-20-2019, 08:36 PM)Belgevain Wrote: [ -> ]Precisely! Unfortunately, despite many advantages, the Random TFO system does on occasion through in some of the old Borg Ground TFOs which are anything but new player friendly! Often leading to resentment from those who are trying to complete them properly.

If you enjoy this TFO though, feel free to shoot me a message in game anytime, I'm always happy to run TFOs, and show people the ropes on the more complicated ones!

I will definitely take you up on that! I think I did a few of the Ground TFOs years ago, and I remember being pretty terrible at them, so I could probably use all the help I can get!