STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Demotion request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Parakema

For personal reasons, I'd like to be demoted to the rank of Captain, please.
This affects only two characters: [email protected] (Academy) and P'[email protected] (Legion).

Thank you.
Is this an April's fool?

Parakema

(04-01-2019, 03:56 PM)James Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an April's fool?
Negative. I am serious about this.
Sorry TP but I have to deny this request. First, I really don't understand what this will accomplish. Second, each month the system will continue to try to promote you since you meet the requirements and I'm not going to put in the extra effort of manually updating the database each month.

Parakema

(04-01-2019, 05:03 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry TP but I have to deny this request. First, I really don't understand what this will accomplish.
No need to understand that. LIke I that, it's for personal reasons.
(04-01-2019, 05:03 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]Second, each month the system will continue to try to promote you since you meet the requirements and I'm not going to put in the extra effort of manually updating the database each month.
How can the system try to promote me from Captain, if there is no approved recommendation? Simply do not approve recommendations for me and there shouldn't be any problem.
Who said there was no approved recommendation already?  Wink

Parakema

(04-01-2019, 06:24 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]Who said there was no approved recommendation already?  Wink
Considering that Fleet Commodores need to apply separately to be considered for promotion to Vice Admiral (which I haven't done), an existing approved recommendation would be a true surprise.
(04-01-2019, 06:37 PM)Parakema Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that Fleet Commodores need to apply separately to be considered for promotion to Vice Admiral (which I haven't done), an existing approved recommendation would be a true surprise.
The requirements for Fleet Commodore state players need a "Recommendation from a Fleet Commodore or higher."

Attilio is higher, is he not?

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
The recommendation is for Commodore to Fleet Commodore, it has nothing to do with Vice Admiral. I'm not sure what you mean here.

In any case, during the transition to the new system I made sure to enter recommendations into the system for current ranks. This was just a precaution in case there were any unforeseen issues during the transition or in case there was ever an instance when all of your toons were out of the fleet at once and then you came back.

So yes, you have a recommendation. You're welcome.
TP, I really don't see the point, can you elaborate on this personal decision so we can better understand what you're trying to do?
Pages: 1 2