STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Fortitude Equipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all!
https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/57a3...925ce91090

I'm unfortunately a little behind the loop and my Fortitude equipment needs a little update!

Don't worry about the skills, traits or doffs as I have them well in hand.

My science consoles are definitely out of date since they were nerfed a good long time ago. I don't want to change the weapon type but could probably swap out the Omni beam.

I am fortunate enough to not be restrained with limited resources so please work away with upgrades etc
Humour me a little Smile
I'll take a stab at this as I'm current on what the meta is build wise. First thing I notice is your beams. I would recommend reengineering them for DMG×3 Pen to get the most boom for your buck since you are a Tac Captain. Second I would replace one beam with the QPhase beam to get the 2 piece bonus. Next dump the Plasmonic Leech. Its garbage now. I'd you can get the Atlas Prototype Dread, its console is the best in game right now. Also to replace one sci console get the Secondary Shield Projector console. It along with the Atlas Console gives +33% Phaser damage. For the other science console I would replace it with the Defenseive Drone. It's a decent console.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Also get that gear maxed to MK XV. The space set is still good however if you want to go crazy DPS I can recommend the Colony Deflector Shield and Core as well as the Competitive Tac Engine. It's up to you

As for consumable items the RMC is good but I would also run Deuterium Surplus from Alhena daily, Reactive Armor Catalyst and Energy Amplifier

Amazing JB, Much appreciated!

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
You're welcome James. If you would like, you can add your doffs, boff abilities, personal space traits, reputation space traits and starship traits and I would be happy to make recommendations on that too. For boffs I can tell you that you should be running two SROs from the embassy (blue Romulan male tac), two Vanguard JH and a Kentari boff from the colony. You will have to ask around for someone with a T5 colony to get him. The trait Kentari Ferocity is very powerful. The JH Vanguard boffs are a light version of the Romulan SROs. I'm always glad to help where I can.

JB is right. The Synergistic retrofitting set is a great item. The DPRM and Secondary shield projector are great by them selves and combined give a 2pc 33% weapons damage bonus. If you can get your hands on the Point defense bombardment warhead for the 3pc bonus, it reduces recharge time for all consoles in the set by 50%.
(02-18-2019, 11:52 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: [ -> ]JB is right. The Synergistic retrofitting set is a great item. The DPRM and Secondary shield projector are great by them selves and combined give a 2pc 33% weapons damage bonus. If you can get your hands on the Point defense bombardment warhead for the 3pc bonus, it reduces recharge time for all consoles in the set by 50%.

Thanks Michael,

That might be an adequate replacement for the Plasmonic Leech - unfortunately the Atlas Prototype console (despite the resources I claim to have lol) is a bit steep.

But that's still some good advice, and much appreciated.
(02-17-2019, 02:42 PM)JamesBryce Wrote: [ -> ]You're welcome James. If you would like, you can add your doffs, boff abilities, personal space traits, reputation space traits and starship traits and I would be happy to make recommendations on that too. For boffs I can tell you that you should be running two SROs from the embassy (blue Romulan male tac), two Vanguard JH and a Kentari boff from the colony. You will have to ask around for someone with a T5 colony to get him. The trait Kentari Ferocity is very powerful. The JH Vanguard boffs are a light version of the Romulan SROs. I'm always glad to help where I can.

Thanks JB,

I'm all set for my boff's as I don't want to go bonkers (and sort of want to keep it to Federation staff lol as per the stories), but I do have one SRO currently.

Much appreciated!
Once you figure out what you would like to get let us know. If I have any of the items and they are not bound you are welcome to them. BTW, do you have the D.O.M.I.N.O. console from the Denorios Bajoran Interceptor? That is another great console for a phaser build.
Pages: 1 2