STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Random Task Force Operations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! Smile

Lots of new things will be coming with the next big update. One of these things will be the so called "Random Task Force Operations (TFOs). Read about this feature here. What are your thoughts? 

Personally I think this is a step into the right direction. There are many missions nobody's playing anymore - apparently and sadly. I remember the times my girlfriend and I played the "Colony Invasion", the "Ry'hho Station" (or however it is spelled), the "Undine Invasion" or our favourite: the "Bug Hunt". We had tons of fun! My, respectively our, hope is that these times will come back with this new TFO system. We cannot wait to see it go live! Smile
Definitely a step in the right direction. Many of the older PvE Queues have been dead for quite some time, so a feature that helps revive them is definitely welcome!
A weeeee bit of a rant, but there is substance in this post I promise, TLDR could we try to run STFs as teams and not as a race to kill everything?.

Hey so for a long while now, I`ve been trying to convense people that this game could be actually fun if people did mor ethan chace the DPS dragon, you know by making builds based on tanking, healing and such, because a lot of STFs are actually design with roles in mind, even ISA need something like 1 Troller, 2 Tanks/Healers and 2 DPS, However because of power creep and DPSers it has become aroutine of get in and kill everything as fast as you can, which means that a tank cant pull enough agro to actually do something, and a healer has noone to heal, which in turns means taht anyone trying to do anything other than DPS will give up and start chasing the DPS Dragon too just to be able to do something, and I belive this is what has killed the STFs cause you would get in and wouldnt ahve enopugh time to understand what was going on before everything was death and you just warped out.

Sooooooo I was wondering if you think this could maaaaybe make it so people start learning the STFs and in turn start noticing that they can actually be fun if you work in a team. which speaking of I was wondering if you know of any fleet that runs STFs as teams and not just as a bunch of desperados trying to kill everything as fast as they can, cause I would LOVE to join that fleet Big Grin
I take it then you aren't in our fleet?

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
(09-09-2018, 02:55 AM)Holwe Wrote: [ -> ]Sooooooo I was wondering if you think this could maaaaybe make it so people start learning the STFs and in turn start noticing that they can actually be fun if you work in a team. which speaking of I was wondering if you know of any fleet that runs STFs as teams and not just as a bunch of desperados trying to kill everything as fast as they can, cause I would LOVE to join that fleet Big Grin

I'm with XO James, I take it you are not in STOA?  Indeed, if you PUG your STF's you will get the gamut of people chasing their tails around trying to figure out what to do to the other end of those who feel the need to kill everything before anyone else can even target it.  We do have excellent DPS'rs  here, but they are also glad to instruct and run with fellow fleetmates who are learning.

If you are NOT a member of an STO Academy Fed or KDF fleet, then I might suggest you explore that option.  I do not believe you will be disappointed.
Random STF?

The ISS Adam Smith is up for this... it makes for some Star trek drama here
(09-08-2018, 06:33 PM)WatermanRS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there! Smile

Lots of new things will be coming with the next big update. One of these things will be the so called "Random Task Force Operations (TFOs). Read about this feature here. What are your thoughts? 

Personally I think this is a step into the right direction. There are many missions nobody's playing anymore - apparently and sadly. I remember the times my girlfriend and I played the "Colony Invasion", the "Ry'hho Station" (or however it is spelled), the "Undine Invasion" or our favourite: the "Bug Hunt". We had tons of fun! My, respectively our, hope is that these times will come back with this new TFO system. We cannot wait to see it go live! Smile

This will also be a good chance to grab the Rep tokens by completing the RTO's that no one does anymore..... think Lukari.  Do you know how hard it is to get those so you can get rep gear?