STO Academy Forum

Full Version: You vs. Enterprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought of this idea about a possible event involving single players, (or a team of 2-5) in a friendly scrimmage match against the U.S.S. Enterprise. A great way to test your mightiest vessel against the Federation's flag ship (where normal que would be a team of 5, advanced que of mabe you and 1-2 other teammates, and an elite que where you go one on one).
Most likely would be a set up where you would have "x" amount of time to beat Captain Shon and his crew...prize mabe being unlocking his special ability, or a console, trait, etc. that would summon the Enterprise to do a "torpedo salvo bombing run" against your marked target, or something to that effect. I figure this type of "Kobayashi Maru" style test would teach Captains how to better refine their builds, and improve their skills in a team setting as well as solo.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Moved to STO Discussions

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
(06-20-2018, 12:40 AM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought of this idea about a possible event involving single players, (or a team of 2-5) in a friendly scrimmage match against the U.S.S. Enterprise. A great way to test your mightiest vessel against the Federation's flag ship (where normal que would be a team of 5, advanced que of mabe  you and 1-2 other teammates, and an elite que where you go one on one).
Most likely would be a set up where you would have "x" amount of time to beat Captain Shon and his crew...prize mabe being unlocking his special ability, or a console, trait, etc. that would summon the Enterprise to do a "torpedo salvo bombing run" against your marked target, or something to that effect. I figure this type of "Kobayashi Maru" style test would teach Captains how to better refine their builds, and improve their skills in a team setting as well as solo.

I like it
I'd welcome any thing new if it was fun and challenging. Especially team oriented events.
I myself would love to try a one on one scrimmage match against the Enterprise
(06-20-2018, 03:54 AM)roughrider1988 Wrote: [ -> ]I like it

(06-20-2018, 11:12 AM)MichaelGill Wrote: [ -> ]I'd welcome any thing new if it was fun and challenging. Especially team oriented events.
Yeah I'm really wondering how five of us would stand up against the Enterprise.... well it IS flagship, so naturally its told that Cpt. Shon happens to have THE best ship crew in the Federation currently.

(06-22-2018, 08:17 AM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I'm really wondering how five of us would stand up against the Enterprise.... well it IS flagship, so naturally its told that Cpt. Shon happens to have THE best ship crew in the Federation currently.

You would have to have some sort of difficulty level of the borg scimitar at the end of Cure Space (could be kitomer, I cant remember) where it would realistically take 5 ships to take it on.

However, I think it would set an unrealistic precedent as to what the ship is actually capable of
(06-22-2018, 08:23 AM)James Wrote: [ -> ]You would have to have some sort of difficulty level of the borg scimitar at the end of Cure Space (could be kitomer, I cant remember) where it would realistically take 5 ships to take it on.

However, I think it would set an unrealistic precedent as to what the ship is actually capable of
Speaking of the Enterprise's "capability" I have always wondered what make's it the most powerful ship in the game- what can it do really...? (I'm trying to remember that mission where you can actually see the Enterprises loadouts and it's consoles...) I have seen other players with ships and capabilities that would easily rival the Enterprise in a one-on-one match.... I'm almost willing to try it myself (and I know my ship isn't even a hundred percent ready for the challenge)...and that's even with me using what I call my "call in the cavalry" move, (where I simultaneously use "Temporal Ally/Black Alert" in a way that causes an entire legion of duplicate Starships to appear out of nowhere every time one of my shields drop, and everytime I use Cannon rapid fire or beam overload attacks, when I time it right... hence the name:
"U.S.S. Legion"...(my T6 Tactical Star Cruiser).

(06-22-2018, 09:02 AM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of the Enterprise's "capability" I have always wondered what make's it the most powerful ship in the game- what can it do really...? (I'm trying to remember that mission where you can actually see the Enterprises loadouts and it's consoles...) I have seen other players with ships and capabilities that would easily rival the Enterprise in a one-on-one match.... I'm almost willing to try it myself (and I know my ship isn't even a hundred percent ready for the challenge)...and that's even with me using what I call my "call in the cavalry" move, (where I simultaneously use "Temporal Ally/Black Alert" in a way that causes an entire legion of duplicate Starships to appear out of nowhere every time one of my shields drop, and everytime I use Cannon rapid fire or beam overload attacks, when I time it right... hence the name:
"U.S.S. Legion"...(my T6 Tactical Star Cruiser).

Let's not forget the KDF and RRF also have flagships, so not sure the Enterprise is the "most powerful ship in the game" considering the direct comparisons.

Especially since the Bortasqu' was launched at the same time.

I think the flagships being more powerful than anything else is an abstract view. What is the basis for it? That they are flagships or do they have more firepower than actual warships?

I could think of plenty more ships that were more powerful than say, the Enterprise-E
There is a good idea. A team of 10-20 taking all the faction flag ships simultaneously. That would be quite a challenge.
Pages: 1 2