STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Constant STO Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently I'm not the only one this is happening to
Was this happening before S7?
ChaucerIngram1 Wrote:Was this happening before S7?

No, the game worked fine before S7
Then add me to the list of people having problems. It crashed hard on me once today, with the music running in the background, and needed a hard reset. That sort of crash hasn't happened to me in a long time. What happened with you?
ChaucerIngram1 Wrote:Then add me to the list of people having problems. It crashed hard on me once today, with the music running in the background, and needed a hard reset. That sort of crash hasn't happened to me in a long time. What happened with you?

I log into the game like I do every morning but this time it kept freezing everytime i moved and then it crashed
That really sucks. I am able to play for extended periods. It's crashed twice for me today. when I try to switch to Windows. I doubt if it's anything oldskool like fragmentation, because my box defrags automatically. I really do hope it's just a driver update.

TacPaddy

When you say "Crash" do you mean "Crash to Desktop"? I haven't noticed any crashs on my PC, but then I only use medium settings.
I've noticed the same problem since S7, but it only occurs when I'm switching to the desktop and then back to the game. It doesn't happen every time, but its happened a few.
Somethings different. I was able to switch like crazy, anytime I wanted before S7.
Same here. I had absolutely no problem switching back and forth prior to S7, even when running other applications, but alas, no longer.
Pages: 1 2