STO Academy Forum

Full Version: "Investigate Officer Reports" in Season 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TacPaddy

Hi Guys,

I was just reading the Release Notes for Season 7 and I guess, that most of you will be p***ed right now in regards of "Investigate Officer Reports".

I quote:

Quote:-Updated the requirements for the Investigate Officer Reports (Foundry) Daily.
-- Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.
-- The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.

What does this mean? Well, it means that you can no longer go to ESD and hit one console to get the 1440 Dilithium. Obviously, now there must be some kind of action involved.

But fortunately, there is a solution. One which our Leader, in his infinite wisdom, thought of ages ago. Smile
If you haven't played "The Survey" missions before, now is the time. This mission trilogy is now the fastest way I can think of to finish "Investigate Officer Reports".

LLAP
No clogging up the Foundry with Dilithium farming? Shucks.

TacPaddy

SeedyGeorge Wrote:No clogging up the Foundry with Dilithium farming? Shucks.

Yeah. But "The Survey" missions take less than 30 minutes altogether. So you just loose 29 minutes of your time. Smile
Hopefully "The Survey" will count towards the daily. If it doesn't I might have to make some adjustments to it.

TacPaddy

Attilio Wrote:Hopefully "The Survey" will count towards the daily. If it doesn't I might have to make some adjustments to it.

Part One doesn't involve Combat, right? Then you might need to update Part One indeed. Sad
I'll test it out at some point today after the serves come back up. If anything I'll just throw in a easy battle with some of the local wildlife.
Quick question, is anyone having issues with the foundry? I am unable to access it and it currently does not show any missions.

TacPaddy

This is a global issue. Same happened after the release of Season 6. Maybe it will be open again with the next patch. However, it is an annoying issue.
It is not an issue. They purposely took it down because there have been some changes to the Foundry's base code. They were in the process of republishing all missions to they work with the new code. Yesterday's patch brought the foundry missions back online. As for the Foundry itself, it should be back up with next Thursday's patch. They have to do this in order to prevent any problems with Foundry missions.

On a similar note, my Survey missions can no longer be used for the Investigate Officer Reports mission. I'm going to review the requirements and see if I can improve them so that they can be used.

TacPaddy

Attilio Wrote:It is not an issue. They purposely took it down because there have been some changes to the Foundry's base code. They were in the process of republishing all missions to they work with the new code. Yesterday's patch brought the foundry missions back online. As for the Foundry itself, it should be back up with next Thursday's patch. They have to do this in order to prevent any problems with Foundry missions.

You're right, my bad. I totally forgot, that they did it on purpose after the release of season 6 too. Back then, the Foundry got a major update and they wanted to be sure it works.

Attilio Wrote:On a similar note, my Survey missions can no longer be used for the Investigate Officer Reports mission. I'm going to review the requirements and see if I can improve them so that they can be used.

I was also interested in the requirements. Especially after recognizing that all "Survey" missions disqualify, but "Wormhole Paradox" does.
According to this post, they seem to be "simple" enough:

rehpic, Cryptic Studios Team Wrote:A foundry mission will count towards the daily wrapper mission if its average play time is 20 minutes or longer, not the 30, 45, or 60 minutes that have been suggested by various posts in this thread. So completing three such missions should take a bit over an hour.
Pages: 1 2