STO Academy Forum

Full Version: key binds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on my main toon and his equipment. Over the last few weeks I have raised my DPS from around 4K to just under 20K. I have upgraded as far as I can for now. I think my next step is to start using key binds. I have been reading up on this all over the web. Mostly it sounds like a tremendous pain in the butt. Can any out there recommend an easy process or a program for doing this that works well?
 I am still trying to figure out the balance between Boff and Doff abilities as well. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated too. I would really like to have this thing tweeked in by Sunday night as best I can.

TacPaddy

In essence get ready to slam your spacebar a lot. Big Grin There is a tool that helps you in creating keybinds: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sto-keybind/

Personally I never used it, but did it on my own. Wink There is a Keybinding guide on STO Wiki and also a video tutorial on Youtube.
Thanks TP. I hear a lot about the space bar. Can't things be mapped else where? I would l like to break thing up into 3 keys or more. Offensive, defensive, and heals. I will check out the data you linked here but if this is to much of a pain I will just keep doing what I have been. Trying to figure out if it's really worth all the effort.

TacPaddy

(01-04-2018, 12:06 PM)MichaelGill Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks TP. I hear a lot about the space bar. Can't things be mapped else where? I would l like to break thing up into 3 keys or more. Offensive, defensive, and heals. I will check out the data you linked here but if this is to much of a pain I will just keep doing what I have been. Trying to figure out if it's really worth all the effort.
Sure you can assign your binds to other keys. I guess, the space bar is just most accessible key on the keyboard. Wink
To be honest - it would be great if some experienced guy shared "the wisdom of keybinding" and which BOFF powers should be binded together... Reading a lot of stuff, but I am lazy to try and fail all the time Smile
(08-22-2018, 10:48 PM)preafectus Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest - it would be great if some experienced guy shared "the wisdom of keybinding" and which BOFF powers should be binded together... Reading a lot of stuff, but I am lazy to try and fail all the time Smile
I've just recently started experimenting with this, (and I hope it works for you):

https://sourceforge.net/directory/?q=sto+keybinds

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

TacPaddy

(08-27-2018, 03:36 AM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: [ -> ]I've just recently started experimenting with this, (and I hope it works for you):

https://sourceforge.net/directory/?q=sto+keybinds

Which is exactly what has already been suggested in post #2 of this thread.
That's an old thread considering it's nearly September

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
The info is still validd as the science behind it has not changed. There is a lot of info aviailible in our threads and on the dps websites.

Personally I have a simple one which activates tray 9-10, which if you want I can post if you need.
(08-27-2018, 09:35 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Which is exactly what has already been suggested in post #2 of this thread.
Oh, shoots! I didn't scroll up...(I was using my phone when I saw this)- oops!

Pages: 1 2