STO Academy Forum

Full Version: PSA: Powerboards / Floaters at the Dranuur Colony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TacPaddy

So, if you read the Season 14 release patch notes carefully, then you may have stumbled across this part:
Quote:Known Issues:
  • some FX do not play properly when powerboarding around the Lukari Colony Fleet Holding.
As I missed any mentioning of this at the Tribble patch notes, I immediately check this out on Tribble.

Good news:
  • Yes, you can equip a Powerboard at the Colony Fleet Holding.
Bad news:
  • After a few meters run on the Powerboard, the map seems to reset and puts you back to the beam-in site.
  • Also it appears that you can not equip Floaters. At least not yet. It was requested on the Colony Feedback Thread, so maybe it will be added?

So, grab your Powerboards out of storage. Also, since the Map is huge, you may want to bring your Frosted Boots to speed up the travel speed.
now that would help out with the fun factor there lol

i take it that a lot of players wish we had more places than just Risa to use our summer special items?

TacPaddy

(10-03-2017, 03:44 PM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: [ -> ]i take it that a lot of players wish we had more places than just Risa to use our summer special items?
Obviously. After all you can enable Floaters in Foundy missions. So it should not be much of a problem to do it elsewhere too.
(10-03-2017, 03:48 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously. After all you can enable Floaters in Foundy missions. So it should not be much of a problem to do it elsewhere too.

Floaters in Foundry missions??? that i did not know about! Smile
there must be more fun tips and tricks I still don't know about Big Grin
(10-03-2017, 03:48 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously. After all you can enable Floaters in Foundy missions. So it should not be much of a problem to do it elsewhere too.

I think we will all be grabbing floaters to try that out!

TacPaddy

(10-17-2017, 06:45 PM)Trudard Wrote: [ -> ]I think we will all be grabbing floaters to try that out!
I should clarify on that. You can use Floaters in Foundry missions, IF the author enabled that.
Oh..... Sad
Where do you get these floaters? I am tired of running through the water. I think my uniform is ruined.
(10-17-2017, 07:37 PM)MichaelGill Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you get these floaters? I am tired of running through the water. I think my uniform is ruined.

You can get a free powerboard in the c store and a free floater from risa (might be event related not sure).

To get the better powerboards/floaters you have to take part in the summer event on risa
I will check the c-store as soon as the game comes back online. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2