STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Monthly STOA Live Stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you may already know, STO's community manager (I think that's his title) Kael usually does a weekly livestream that's shown on STO's Facebook page and also Twitch. I've watched a few times and it's entertaining and seems a decent way for the community to interact with a representative from Cryptic. There is, of course, some trolling and things of that sort, but mostly good fun. There is also usually a weekly poll on STO's social media platforms on what content he should play.

The point I'm getting to is I'm wondering if any STOA fleet members would be interested in something like this for just our fleet? My idea is that someone from the Admiralty would do a stream perhaps once a month (maybe even in conjunction with our fleet meeting) to play through some missions not everyone is familiar with, or players have trouble with, or maybe just need some strategy for. There could even be some discussion on builds/equipment if there's interest. We could institute a poll on the STOA website for people to vote on what gets played/discussed, or just a sticky thread were members can post suggestions. 

I realize this is essentially copying Cryptic's idea, but we in the Admiralty are always looking for new ways to engage and interact with fleet members, and Cryptic's results seem to be pretty good. Feel free to post your thoughts/comments/ideas below. Thanks in advance for your input!
(08-27-2017, 09:15 PM)dammitjim76 Wrote: [ -> ]I realize this is essentially copying Cryptic's idea

well they did get the idea as a sort of PR campaign from the success of other people on Twitch who became so popular that their viewers essentially pay them to play.

I'm game, the voice part is already in place if using the Discord server and the various channel options for the podcast, like whats already done for the briefing. It could also be used as a recruiting tool if hosted publically.
(08-27-2017, 09:15 PM)dammitjim76 Wrote: [ -> ]As some of you may already know, STO's community manager (I think that's his title) Kael usually does a weekly livestream that's shown on STO's Facebook page and also Twitch. I've watched a few times and it's entertaining and seems a decent way for the community to interact with a representative from Cryptic. There is, of course, some trolling and things of that sort, but mostly good fun. There is also usually a weekly poll on STO's social media platforms on what content he should play.

The point I'm getting to is I'm wondering if any STOA fleet members would be interested in something like this for just our fleet? My idea is that someone from the Admiralty would do a stream perhaps once a month (maybe even in conjunction with our fleet meeting) to play through some missions not everyone is familiar with, or players have trouble with, or maybe just need some strategy for. There could even be some discussion on builds/equipment if there's interest. We could institute a poll on the STOA website for people to vote on what gets played/discussed, or just a sticky thread were members can post suggestions. 

I realize this is essentially copying Cryptic's idea, but we in the Admiralty are always looking for new ways to engage and interact with fleet members, and Cryptic's results seem to be pretty good. Feel free to post your thoughts/comments/ideas below. Thanks in advance for your input!
Not all ideas have to be original, and to be honest I find this one intriguing. I've never done anything like it before so I have very little to no input on this.

Is this something you've done before on other games or would it be new to you too?

Very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
(09-04-2017, 05:36 PM)Mal Wrote: [ -> ]Is this something you've done before on other games or would it be new to you too?

No, I've never done any sort of streaming so it'd be very new to me. I downloaded a broadcasting program and got a Twitch account and have been trying to figure things out the past couple weeks. I'd hoped it could be something we'd rotate among the admiralty, but if we go through with it and I'm the designated sucker, so be it. lol
I offer my services in assisting with streaming and Live Streaming meetings or events. I am familiar with OBS and Twitch and know how to use it well. Also I also am offering to do some updated walk through of the new episodes using the STOA banner. That way the website can be updated with both the new content and revamps of the old episodes.
I think this is an excellent idea. As a new STOA fleet member, I am always looking for ways to learn more about the fleet and its members as well as game play in general. I would absolutely be watching these if implemented.