STO Academy Forum

Full Version: earning fleet credits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was perusing the fleet tab (STOA Legion) and was dismayed to see that most of the fleet holdings were not constructing new projects and the XP bar was at about 96% for most of them.  Does this mean that there won't be any new projects to contribute to to earn fleet credits? And if so, how then can my toon acquire enough fleet credits to purchase any of the fleet gear available?
Click on Armada. There you will see all fleets that are connected to STOA. 
Select any Fleet, and then select Holdings.
The advantage of having an Armada is that everybody inside can donate to any Fleet Holding.
Unfortunately everybody does, so you still might run into the same problem, even with looking at all other fleets.
Most of the time everything except Dil and Doffs seems to be full. I only get to drop Fleet Marks every 3 days on average.
(03-15-2017, 06:29 AM)Bhaltair Wrote: [ -> ]Click on Armada. There you will see all fleets that are connected to STOA. 
Select any Fleet, and then select Holdings.
The advantage of having an Armada is that everybody inside can donate to any Fleet Holding.
Unfortunately everybody does, so you still might run into the same problem, even with looking at all other fleets.
Most of the time everything except Dil and Doffs seems to be full. I only get to drop Fleet Marks every 3 days on average.

thanks
Like Bhalt said, but be forewarned that if you are looking for getting the commendation credit for your forum star ribbons, you can only get credit for contributions to the fleets that have STOA in their names and not from tertiary fleets in the armada, since the Admin doesn't have access to that data, and any extra boosts that you may have active will be on the side and not factor into your lifetime (read: unboosted default) credits.

with that said, the fastest way to get lots of credits is through dumping your EC into new projects.... when the new system came online, i was able to unlock all my trait and doff trays that way- almost a million in creds!
(03-16-2017, 01:31 AM)Akimalyn2380 Wrote: [ -> ]Like Bhalt said, but be forewarned that if you are looking for getting the commendation credit for your forum star ribbons, you can only get credit for contributions to the fleets that have STOA in their names and not from tertiary fleets in the armada, since the Admin doesn't have access to that data, and any extra boosts that you may have active will be on the side and not factor into your lifetime (read: unboosted default) credits.

with that said, the fastest way to get lots of credits is through dumping your EC into new projects.... when the new system came online, i was able to unlock all my trait and doff trays that way- almost a million in creds!

At 1 Fleet credit per 10 EC, that's a lot of scratch to plunk down.  But I take your point.  Could you expand further on what you meant by unlocking all your trait and doff trays?

TacPaddy

I'll weigh in here:

At the Fleet Embassy you can buy up to three additional DOFF Assignment Slots for a total of up to 23 DOFF Assignment Slots.

At the Fleet Research Lab you can buy
  • a 5th Ground Reputation Trait Slot
  • a 5th Space Reputation Trait Slot
  • a 5th Active Reputation Trait Slot
  • a 5th Starship Trait Slot
  • a 6th R&D Project Slot
(03-16-2017, 07:09 AM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I'll weigh in here:

At the Fleet Embassy you can buy up to three additional DOFF Assignment Slots for a total of up to 23 DOFF Assignment Slots.

At the Fleet Research Lab you can buy
  • a 5th Ground Reputation Trait Slot
  • a 5th Space Reputation Trait Slot
  • a 5th Active Reputation Trait Slot
  • a 5th Starship Trait Slot
  • a 6th R&D Project Slot

Very good. Thanks for the help!
Not traits, but you can also buy an extra (6th) Doff slot for Space and Ground at the Fleet Spire.

TacPaddy

(03-16-2017, 01:46 PM)Bhaltair Wrote: [ -> ]Not traits, but you can also buy an extra (6th) Doff slot for Space and Ground at the Fleet Spire.
Of course! Finally, I know what I missed this morning. LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.