STO Academy Forum

Full Version: What is your "beam of choice" ( and why do you think it's better than the rest?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys tetryons are main damage type for me. I am not saying they are the best but I went with nukara rep sets with combination of set from Butterfly mission. Works fine with my arbiter. I am even using nukara mines, but this is more theme build.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

TacPaddy

Well, I chose them a very long time ago, whne the Fleet still had the War Games. And somehow I kept with them. Oh and they are blue. I like blue. xD
(02-28-2017, 04:13 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I chose them a very long time ago, whne the Fleet still had the War Games. And somehow I kept with them. Oh and they are blue. I like blue. xD

The CoalDis are also blue. And make a interesting pew pew sound  Big Grin
(02-28-2017, 01:18 AM)robonixon Wrote: [ -> ]Tetryons are more useful with the Tzenkethi due to their high shields than on other content, so I think they are a bit more desirable than in the past. Their buff does get boosted by Drain Expertise and like AP, there is a way to equip 2 omni beams since there's a set omni beam with Tetryon, and they have multiple consoles including Universals that buff Tetryon damage.

with a spot-on full duration hit and a good level of epg in your build (150+), the 3pc Quantum Phase Weapons set bonus will take down those shields just as fast if not better than tets, which is exactly why i stuck with phasers on my ship of pure gold Smile
I use a different array depending on the ship I am playing, though I've taken a big liking to Chroniton weaponry lately. Seems to suite my style best, but I could be wrong as well and realize there is something better to use.
Pages: 1 2