STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Treating Members Right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making this topic just to give some advice. Don't ignore other members nor block them. This was the reason that I left your fleet and armada. Last night a few members were talking about doing a fleet instance. I said that I was willing to join, but no one responded. In fact I said that I was willing to join multiple times with no response. It was for this very reason that I left the fleet.

If you want other players to acknowledge your fleets and armada as a good group, don't depend on this website... Depend upon yourselves. Who knows, I might have been a great member and helpful to everyone of you. We will never know.

The Leader sent me a mail in game thinking that maybe we were on two different chats but I replied that prior to my leaving, I changed the chat color in the chat that I was using to see if we were all on the same chat. There words changed to my color which informed me that we were all on the same chat. So I sent a mail to the leader informing him of my decision to leave the fleet and the reasons behind that decision. Yes, I also included the [email protected] names of the individuals who did not either answer my chat nor acknowledge me in any way. Then I left the STO Academy Militia fleet.

Once I had left the fleet, I made a post in the STO Academy chat and the STO Academy Armada chat that you should not block or ignore other members chat, but be helpful and respond accordingly. Someone else came on the STO Academy chat and replied to me but as I had already left the fleet, I did not feel it was worth taking the time to reply. What I did notice was the other individuals who were asking for members to join their fleet instance, replied asking who that person was talking to. That told me that they were either ignoring me or had me blocked which is not a good way for a fleet or armada to operate.

I have left all the chat rooms and the fleet. I have also changed my signature here to show that I am no longer in the fleet.

I bid you all a fair day and hope that this issue will be resolved by your officers so that you do not lose other players over instances like these.

Mika
I understand your frustration, but rage-quitting the fleet just because somebody might have you on ignore isn't the best response. There are multiple reasons how this could have happened. At the very least you could have asked one of the Fleet Admirals for assistance to clarify what is going on before deciding to leave.

I took part in some fleet stf's last night, but as you didn't include any time frame I'm not sure if your incident was at the same time. While I didn't follow the chat too closely (Omega particle mini game needed some attention), I only recall one player asking to come along, but then disappeared when there was space: Av8tor.
I have not seen your name pop up, and I don't have anybody on ignore. 
So in case this was at the very same time I assume you might have written everything in the Fleet channel, instead of the STOA channel everybody else was using.
Have you tried sending a whisper to the Group leader?
Also, some of us used the Discord Voice chat to coordinate the group. You could have checked there, too.
So even if you somehow have been ignored in the armada chat, there were other ways to reach out.

Personally I use different colors for whisper, local chat, fleet, and armada. This way i know where the chat is coming from. I also have different tabs, because a lot of times the local/zone chat is full of stupid people, and I don't want to miss anything in the armada channel.
I know you said you changed the color, but you still might have fleet and armada set to the same color, instead of different ones.

I urge you to talk to Attilio or any other Admiral before leaving STOA. Ask them to check with the individuals in case you remember their names. I really believe this is more a misunderstanding, and nobody ignored you on purpose.
(02-07-2017, 06:44 PM)Mika Wrote: [ -> ]...What I did notice was the other individuals who were asking for members to join their fleet instance, replied asking who that person was talking to. That told me that they were either ignoring me or had me blocked which is not a good way for a fleet or armada to operate....

Hi, this is what I was referring to. There are two different channels. The "STO Academy" channel and the "Fleet" channel. The "Fleet" channel is only for the specific fleet you are in. In your case this was STO Academy Militia. No one else can see this. The "STO Academy" channel is used by all eight of our fleets so that all of our members can chat with each other.

The scenario you are describing sounds like you were typing in the "Fleet" channel, but the member who was responding was typing in the "STO Academy" channel. Since that person was also in the STO Academy Militia they saw what you were typing in "Fleet". The other members, who were in one of our other fleets, could not see the "Fleet" chat.

I hope this makes sense. If not I can clarify further by taking screenshots.
(02-07-2017, 08:05 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, this is what I was referring to. There are two different channels. The "STO Academy" channel and the "Fleet" channel. The "Fleet" channel is only for the specific fleet you are in. In your case this was STO Academy Militia. No one else can see this. The "STO Academy" channel is used by all eight of our fleets so that all of our members can chat with each other.

The scenario you are describing sounds like you were typing in the "Fleet" channel, but the member who was responding was typing in the "STO Academy" channel. Since that person was also in the STO Academy Militia they saw what you were typing in "Fleet". The other members, who were in one of our other fleets, could not see the "Fleet" chat.

I hope this makes sense. If not I can clarify further by taking screenshots.

I was not in the "Fleet" channel. I was in the STO Academy channel. The same channel as the players requesting help with the fleet instance. I know this is a fact because when I changed the chat color of my STO Academy chat ONLY, their words changed to the color I set. I am 1,000% positive that they and I were using the same channel. But none of this matter anymore.

As per my request, Cryptic has banned my account from the game. I am playing the game under a new account and I will not be rejoining the STO Academy or any of the fleets associated with you.
Not worth taking the time to reply, but you got time to write all this? What in the world are you on about? People get passed up for STF's all the time, even me, an officer.

No one was disrespecting you in anyway, buck up.

Mal
Sounds like you have had a massive misunderstanding, but no matter, you have made your decision.

"Banning" your account and ruling out being a member of our fleets just because something happened that you and then making a new one....??

Ok, suit yourself!

I will consider the matter closed, and close the thread Smile