STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Assessment of the NX Refit Console (active ability)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new NX Refit is available in the Lobi store, and it didn't take long for somebody to buy and test the console it comes with:
Point_Defense Bombardment Warhead

Next to some passive bonuses to Projectile damage and Critical Hit Chance the console gives an active ability:

Activating this console will launch a warhead that will slowly travel to your target. Any enemy starship unfortunate enough to get within the Warhead's attack range will be repeatedly bombarded with photon torpedoes! When the warhead reaches its target, it will detonate, causing heavy kinetic damage to the target and all nearby foes.

Naturally this is interesting for Torp Boat Captain, so Oden Knight himself and some others tested it and posted their assessment on reddit.com/r/stobuilds:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comme...t_warhead/

eaglescoutdjb

Even if the console isn't great the ship is still worth picking up for the trait.  It works with the over mod so whenever the mod procs during FAW you get the damage boost.
(02-02-2017, 08:12 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: [ -> ]Even if the console isn't great the ship is still worth picking up for the trait.  It works with the over mod so whenever the mod procs during FAW you get the damage boost.

Is this confirmed? Because I haven't seen anything official yet. Even the wiki is empty on the trait.
The console could still be interesting for the 25% torp damage buff.

eaglescoutdjb

I watched Valikin test it during one of his streams, it's the reason weapons with the mod are so expensive right now.
I can confirm, I set my NX up as an AP/Delphic AP (thematically appropriate for the NX) [Over] proc boat using BFAW and it is pretty intensely fun. You get a great damage spike once your BFAW is over from the [Over] procs.
(02-03-2017, 10:46 PM)robonixon Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm, I set my NX up as an AP/Delphic AP (thematically appropriate for the NX) [Over] proc boat using BFAW and it is pretty intensely fun. You get a great damage spike once your BFAW is over from the [Over] procs.

Nice! Thanks for the update!