STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Extra Life Donations still open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier this month Perfect World had a 'Extra Life 2016' Live Stream Event.
They were giving out some prizes that day, but also asked for donations to Extra Life.
For those who donated - depending on the amount - you could get ingame items as a bonus and thank you.

And here the news: they still accept donations for ingame items up until 11/30.

i.e. for a $100 you not only donate to a great cause, you would also get these STO items:
- the T6 Flagship Mega Bundle (12,000 Zen in the C-Store, or 9600 on a 20% Sales Day)
- 2 Ultimate Tech upgrades (those you usually get with the Key Ring bundle)
- Extra Life Admiral Title
- 5 Crafting Packs
- 1 EMH Bridge Officer (who wants the Doc from Voyager on his/her ship?)

Taking into account that the donation is tax deductable (about 15% - 25% of the donated value), 
this actually is a good deal (at least in STO terms...).

And for those who are not only Space Rich, but also Real Life Rich (or don't have kids, family, mortgage etc):
Donate $1337 (!) and you get all of the above plus All three expansion packs, the Pilot Mega Bundle, and the Command Mega Bundle.

Here is the link to the Forum Post. Further down is the link to make a donation.
Read the text below the donation link for further instructions (important!).

Extra Life 2016 Event
I just checked out the Extra Life 2016 link you provided and I think the reward with all 3 expansion packs, Pilot Mega Bundle, and Command Mega Bundle requires a $1337 donation.  Unless they just changed the reward levels?

The press release says that if you donate at any level, then you get all the rewards of the lower levels too. But the $1337 donation level includes repeats of the lower levels, in particular: the AOY Expansion Pack and the T6 Flagship bundle. So do you get two of each of those?

I am considering doing this as one of my year-end donations. If I end up getting two of the AOY Expansion packs and the T6 Flagship bundles, are they useful to me? Maybe for use by a second character?
(11-17-2016, 12:35 AM)BobaTrek Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked out the Extra Life 2016 link you provided and I think the reward with all 3 expansion packs, Pilot Mega Bundle, and Command Mega Bundle requires a $1337 donation.  Unless they just changed the reward levels?

You  are absolutely correct, I made a mistake. I will fix my initial post.

Quote:The press release says that if you donate at any level, then you get all the rewards of the lower levels too.  But the $1337 donation level includes repeats of the lower levels, in particular: the AOY Expansion Pack and the T6 Flagship bundle.  So do you get two of each of those?

I am considering doing this as one of my year-end donations.  If I end up getting two of the AOY Expansion packs and the T6 Flagship bundles, are they useful to me?  Maybe for use by a second character?

If you donate $1337 or more, you will get all three expansion packs, the Pilot Mega Bundle, and the Command Mega Bundle, PLUS all donation rewards on the lower donation levels (The AoY Expansion Pack, the T6 Flagship Bundle, etc).
But I don't believe you get them twice. And no, they wouldn't be useful to you, unless you plan to have a 2nd Account (not a 2nd character).
In the rare occasion you would get them twice you could offer them to a friend, a fellow member of STOA, or even sell them for less what they cost in the C-Store. That would be up to you.
(11-17-2016, 12:35 AM)BobaTrek Wrote: [ -> ]I am considering doing this as one of my year-end donations.

Btw, I also made a donation ('just' $100) but made a mistake when placing it: I did not leave a message to the PWE community.
Only after the donation I realized I was supposed to do that. Don't do the same mistake.
I am currently trying to get PWE to recognize the donation, but they haven't responded yet.
A ticket ingame got answered very fast, but they pointed to Arc. Arc answered within a day, but they pointed to PWE.
PWE has not answered in 5 days...
I might have to go to Extra Life to get this solved.  Angry
I am still a little bit confused about how a higher level donation gets you all the rewards of the lower tiers as well.

The $100 donation level says that you get the "T6 Flagship Mega Bundle" and the $1337 donation includes the "T6 Flagship Bundle". Are these the same bundle just described a little differently?

Also, the $500 donation level says that you get the "Agents of Yesterday Expansion Pack" and the $1337 donation includes "All three Expansion Packs". Is the Agents of Yesterday Expansion Pack one of the All three Expansion Packs?
(11-17-2016, 04:41 PM)BobaTrek Wrote: [ -> ]I am still a little bit confused about how a higher level donation gets you all the rewards of the lower tiers as well.

The $100 donation level says that you get the "T6 Flagship Mega Bundle" and the $1337 donation includes the "T6 Flagship Bundle".  Are these the same bundle just described a little differently?

Also, the $500 donation level says that you get the "Agents of Yesterday Expansion Pack" and the $1337 donation includes "All three Expansion Packs".  Is the Agents of Yesterday Expansion Pack one of the All three Expansion Packs?

It says: "Each time you donate in one of these tiers, you’ll be rewarded with items from the game of your choice. Not only, that, but you’ll also get rewards from every tier below that one!"
So yes I admit, the L33t ($1337) donation description is confusing, because the description lists stuff from the $500 and $100 donation. I still don't think you get it twice, but who knows?

There are currently only 3 Expansion Packs: Legacy of Romulus, Delta Rising and Agents of Yesterday.

Btw, don't expect to receive your rewards immediately. I read somewhere that it can take to the end of the year to get those.
Just a reminder, as it is about to end:

Donations will be accepted until the end of the month on 11/30 at 11:59PM PT. Any donations past that date will not receive the rewards in the table below.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-tr...november-5
(11-17-2016, 12:35 AM)BobaTrek Wrote: [ -> ]I am considering doing this as one of my year-end donations.  If I end up getting two of the AOY Expansion packs and the T6 Flagship bundles, are they useful to me?  Maybe for use by a second character?

Did you end up donating? If yes, what Tier did you donate for?
Btw, some peeps on reddit are saying that PWE is starting to hand out the rewards.