STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Oct. 25 Graphics update didnt go so well...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tried out the new graphics update on the highest settings and it was far worse than the minimal settings that I had before the update. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues (and I'm also wondering how to get my Graphics to look as good as they did yesterday....)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Finally fixed choppy graphics by uninstalling/reinstalling the whole game and then went into basic settings and readjusted the interface scale to 1.30 and then under display settings adjusted brightness to 120% and maxed out the resolution scale to 1.00.... can't turn on the new lighting 2.0 or dinamic lighting, (causes instant game crash- weird because I use DX12 on a NVidia Geforce 940mx card). Enhancements, otherwize are phenominal....enjoying the new kit module upgrades!!

.....oh, and my Reman shields turn my hull "chrome" while in subspace travel and on missions/pve's

If anything, it looks like you may have only needed to reset your resolution scale if you didn't resize that screenshot any... could have also tried removing the files in local settings, which does the same thing as a reinstall to default.

You also have to manually select DX11 and then restart the game in order to access the new lighting settings, since DX9ex is still the default setting and choosing auto is still broken.

The problem i'm having is that i have to keep having to reset my preferred camera mode (to chase) and enable the move during text option. thank goodness i didn't have to redo my trays, ui, or keybinds.
Oh!....the keybinds were annoying as hell!

...another one was the auto targeting glitch I've been having.

How do I get my control settings to stay at my desired settings?, (I've had it to where as I would adjust them to what I want them to be, and they would automatically revert to default almost immediately- annoying...I don't know how many times I've had to reset "auto attack" and "keep moving" settings, already.
*warrynnpeese grits teeth*)

This new update feels like I've been just given a brand new Ferrari with no wheels and an empty tank of gas....

eaglescoutdjb

(10-26-2016, 07:31 PM)warrynnpeese0791 Wrote: [ -> ]This new update feels like I've been just given a brand new Ferrari with no wheels and an empty tank of gas....

That's pretty much how I feel.  The game looks nice but I had problems with it crashing and after a reinstall it won't load.  Seems like the new patch broke the ability to run the game on Linux.
Overall I think the update has been awesome - going and looking around some of the ground maps has been inspirational (the dank muskiness of the lower level of the Defera Powerplant, the brightness of New Romulu...)

The only part really bugging me is the fact everything looks like they are devidian on the fleet starbase defence queue.  Really jarring it almost hurts my eyes!!
Pages: 1 2