STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Fleet Holding Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We had a really great suggestion to rename all of the fleet holdings. I'm finally getting around to setting this up and looking forward to it.

So here's how this will work. Everyone has until the end of October to submit ideas. You can submit as many as you want, as often as you want. If we don't get enough names I'll extend the deadline by another two weeks.

We need names for the Starbase, Embassy, Research Lab, Dilithium Mine, Spire, and K-13. Our Armada has a total of eight of each (four Federation and four Klingon). Keep that in mind while making suggestions. Make sure you tell us which holding your suggestion is for.

At the end of this event, we may have a poll or the Admiral's will just decide. Maybe we'll narrow the list first and then have a poll. It will depend on how many submissions we actually get.

So have fun with this, let your imaginations run wild.

eaglescoutdjb

For the Fed Star Bases I like the idea mentioned in the other tread of numbering them.  Star Bases have, to the best of my knowledge. always been numbered, Star Base 1, Deep Space 9 and K13 come to mind.

TacPaddy

Legion Starbase: Legion 'ejyo'waw'
Legion Embassy: Legion rIvSo'
Legion Dilithium Mine: Legion cha'puj tlhIlHal
Legion Spire: Legion ghurqu' je
Legion Research Lab: Legion Qulpa'
Legion K-13: Legion K wa'maH wej
(10-16-2016, 06:37 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Legion Starbase: Legion 'ejyo'waw'
Legion Embassy: Legion rIvSo'
Legion Dilithium Mine: Legion cha'puj tlhIlHal
Legion Spire: Legion ghurqu' je
Legion Research Lab: Legion Qulpa'
Legion K-13: Legion K wa'maH wej

As a note to everyone, it would help that any Klingon language suggestions be translated

TacPaddy

(10-16-2016, 08:50 PM)Jstagg Wrote: [ -> ]As a note to everyone, it would help that any Klingon language suggestions be translated
If that means "no Klingon at all", then I retract my suggestions. If not, then the (bing) translation is left of the colon.
(10-17-2016, 02:09 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]If that means "no Klingon at all", then I retract my suggestions. If not, then the (bing) translation is left of the colon.
It does not at all mean no Klingon at all. I would have written if that was so. I just require the translation so we know know what we would hypothetically be putting in. It would make the process easier

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Call the starbase - Sto Base: Frontier.
Sto Mine: Plentiful
I'm going to throw a few ideas in

Starbase Asgardia - Fed Starbase
Memory Omega - For the Omega research lab
Outpost Solanae-8 - For any Spire
Demeter Mining Station - Fed Mine - Goddess of grain, agriculture, harvest, growth, and nourishment.
Hephaestus Mining Station - Fed Mine - God of fire, metalworking, and crafts
Starfleet's Rebirth Embassy
Infinity Starbase: Bernoulli's Hyperbola
Perhaps, naming after Space programs? like Starbase Apollo, Constellation Center, Vostok Station...

or even after major ports, like Norfolk, or the greek alphabet like starbase Omega...
but I have a feeling most will want something more creative- just nothing silly like "Starry McStarbase"
Pages: 1 2