STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Hints and Tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see a lot of people asking the same questions over and over, so I thought it would be nice to have a spot where people can post their hints and tips.

I'll start with one that I don't think a lot of people know about: it may be possible to get multiple items from some containers (Dyson EV suits, Slush-O, and hover lights to name a few). Just move the item to a BOff and the container will glow again. Just grab another item and repeat for the number you want.

I do this for all Captains during "A Step Between Stars" to claim the Marksman Dyson EV suit for all my Away Team as this is a better than average suit and it is free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have a smartphone, you can check your character profiles, ship loadouts, bridge officers, stations, achieved accolades, and contribute to your fleet holdings by using the Gateway at http://gateway.startrekonline.com/
Although the beta project has been put on an indefinite hold due to the prioritizing of other projects, users can still access it for info on the go despite the platform being unstable when used outside of a mobile browser.

Interested in seeing what another user is using to get 100k dps in ISA but they don't respond to your hails?
The gateway also allows you the ability to look up ANYONE's profile by simply replacing your character name and handle with user's and then clicking on any of your characters to start the transfer to view their profiles. Some may view this as an unfair exploit, especially in PVP, but "Resistance is Futile"
Wow that is a great website. Thanks for sharing this with me.