STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about putting bio-molecular phaser beam arrays on my beam boat, I know I'd be giving up a modifier for the radiation proc but a chance for 2 procs per one for the subsystem and one for the radiation.

My real question is this; right now I have 4 vulnerability locators [+pha] but I was wondering (perhaps someone with a better understanding of how dmg is calculated could help) would Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay actually give me better results with 13.1% increase to phaser dmg and the 26.2% increase to radiation dmg?

If building a set with the withering disruptors and the withering photon torpedoes it's a must have I assume?

Thanks
(05-02-2016, 07:59 PM)GallowsGhost Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about putting bio-molecular phaser beam arrays on my beam boat, I know I'd be giving up a modifier for the radiation proc but a chance for 2 procs per one for the subsystem and one for the radiation.

My real question is this; right now I have 4 vulnerability locators [+pha] but I was wondering (perhaps someone with a better understanding of how dmg is calculated could help) would Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay actually give me better results with 13.1% increase to phaser dmg and the 26.2% increase to radiation dmg?

If building a set with the withering disruptors and the withering photon torpedoes it's a must have I assume?

Thanks

The main point about vulnerability locators is not that they boost a weapons type, but they boost critical hit chance- which is the main factor in high end damage output. Each vulnerability locator adds a significant (don't know the figure off the top of my head) boost to your ships crt chance and so in most builds you use all your tac consoles for vulnerability locators.
@Aaaict thanks much.

So, any ship whose main purpose is dmg crit chance above all else?