STO Academy Forum

Full Version: screenshots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i cannot take screenshots in sto.  no folder either.  i know where to look.  used /sreenshot_ui.jpeg in ui.  then i tried /bind + screenshot_ui.jpeg.  nothing no folder either.  i made a custom alien i wanted upload.
the screenshots are saved in:

E:\PWE GAmes\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots

Just change the 1st part to your particular save area. Now the trick is if you dont have a scrrenshot folder just create a new folder in the Live Folder and name it Screenshot. This happened to me in another PWE game and that fixed it
(04-02-2016, 12:44 AM)mattbanks Wrote: [ -> ]i cannot take screenshots in sto.  no folder either.  i know where to look.  used /sreenshot_ui.jpeg in ui.  then i tried /bind + screenshot_ui.jpeg.  nothing no folder either.  i made a custom alien i wanted upload.

mine in users/public/games/cryptic/star trek online/live.  what button do i bind to take screenshots?  i have made a screenshot folder.  i used disc to install game.
(04-02-2016, 12:44 AM)mattbanks Wrote: [ -> ]i cannot take screenshots in sto.  no folder either.  i know where to look.  used /sreenshot_ui.jpeg in ui.  then i tried /bind + screenshot_ui.jpeg.  nothing no folder either.  i made a custom alien i wanted upload.

Got it to work but a couple of things.

1. /sreenshot_ui.jpeg is not the proper command to take a screenshot. The correct command is /screenshot_ui_jpg
2. I don't think you will be able to use the '+' key as that is used in the actual making of some keybinds so when you try to use it in a bind command the game thinks its for something else
(04-02-2016, 06:02 PM)Kenthend Wrote: [ -> ]Got it to work but a couple of things.

1. /sreenshot_ui.jpeg is not the proper command to take a screenshot. The correct command is /screenshot_ui_jpg
2. I don't think you will be able to use the '+' key as that is used in the actual making of some keybinds so when you try to use it in a bind command the game thinks its for something else

i used /bind e screenshot.ui.jpeg

when i try upload alien it says The file you uploaded is not a valid Star Trek Online save file.  What file type do i need to upload my aliens.

STO SCREEN SHOT ADDED.  I tried to upload, but wrong file extension it say.

what file.

The file you uploaded is not a valid Star Trek Online save file.
For uploading aliens, someone else will have to answer that one sorry. Havent done that yet
(04-02-2016, 11:19 PM)Kenthend Wrote: [ -> ]For uploading aliens, someone else will have to answer that one sorry. Havent done that yet

i emailed stoacademy here's how upload:

You need to visit the tailor, edit your alien character, and click the "Save" button. It will generate a a jpeg and save it in STO's screenshot folder which you can upload.