STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Season 11.5 Kicks off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So with the upcoming season I thought I would share my thoughts on how I am going to prepare for this. The season kicks off on Apr 12. I am not going to list the new stuff but if you would like to read about it here is the link:

Arc News: New Season

Now there are a few things I will be doing:

1. Saving all my Dilithium for keys. They haven't mentioned it yet but I am sure there is going to be a new lockbox

2. Save all my spec points i get from now on so I will have a good chunk for the new secondary spec. As I am bad at spending them I already have a good head start.

3. The day before the actual launch I will not do any Admiralty stuff so all my ship will be off maintenance.

4. When there is about a week left before launch, i will go over to tribble and see what training manuals wont be available and make those on Live server. Will add to this post when I get some concrete data on this. As this may amount to nothing as the skills may just be gone, it's purely speculation on my part.

Ok just drawn a blank on the rest but will add to post in future as I think of more stuff
Hmm, if there is a new lockbox upcoming... wonder if the EC value of a key will rise on its arrival... and if so, should I invest.
I've been told to hold off on [PEN] upgrades until at least it all goes live on tribble due to an incoming fix that is going to reduce the over performing debuff of PEN.

TacPaddy

Just saw the S11.5 Trailer and I am confused. They go live on Season 11.5 on April 12th, while the date in the Trailer says May 5th? Why do I sense a major screwup incoming?
(03-23-2016, 07:35 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw the S11.5 Trailer and I am confused. They go live on Season 11.5 on April 12th, while the date in the Trailer says May 5th? Why do I sense a major screwup incoming?

Perhaps because history has a habit of repeating itself. Even more so with these folks lol.

eaglescoutdjb

Can't wait, wanting to see the new spec tree is what brought me back after not playing for a few months.
As a new player, I am kinda looking forward to the new season. I have played other games that I played for years and then they upgraded and it really threw me for a loop. I am hoping that it can be figured out pretty easily. And if there will be new boxes and possibly keys that I won;t need to spend real cash, does that mean I can stop sending my boxes to Bryce?
I dont recall them ever giving away free keys, not to say they havent but not something that i would count on. For a new player about the only way to get keys is to buy them for cash. As you play more and get dil and ec you will be able to trade dil for zen and maybe buy some that way. Also as you get ec built up you can buy them from the exchange. If your F2P or 'silver' player you ec limit is pretty low so keys are a good thing to buy to keep you below the limit. 

Also you never know some generous fleet member may read about your dilemma and 'gift' you a key
(03-24-2016, 04:53 PM)Kenthend Wrote: [ -> ]I dont recall them ever giving away free keys, not to say they havent but not something that i would count on. For a new player about the only way to get keys is to buy them for cash. As you play more and get dil and ec you will be able to trade dil for zen and maybe buy some that way. Also as you get ec built up you can buy them from the exchange. If your F2P or 'silver' player you ec limit is pretty low so keys are a good thing to buy to keep you below the limit. 

Also you never know some generous fleet member may read about your dilemma and 'gift' you a key

Might be good if once and awhile they might give away a pack of keys as a prize or something. Being low on cash at this point I will just collect them and give them away to those guys who have keys and can unlock them.
And why isn't my signature showing up???? Grrrr....
Pages: 1 2