STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Coding help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TacPaddy

Hello fellow fleet mates,

I need a little bit of help regarding HTML or JavaScript coding, so I am hoping to benefit from your expertise.

I need a little form, which has three variables to be filled in. After three three Variables have been entered, they need to be inserted into a hyperlink.

Probably super easy, but it eludes me. Any help is much appreciated.

Live Long and Prosper
TP
Wish I could help you out TP. Unfortunately the extent of my html knowledge does not even include font color changes, and I have never done anything with JavaScript. Hopefully someone will be able to lend a hand though!
Are you using jQuery or pure JavaScript? How should the URL look with the variables?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TacPaddy

(03-14-2016, 05:11 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using jQuery or pure JavaScript? How should the URL look with the variables?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I guess, it could be pure JavaScript as I would use it in a CMS. But I can double check if jQuery goes as well.

The link basically looks like
http://<path>?action1=<value of variable1>&action2=<value of variable 2>&action3=<value of variable 3>
In that case in the form if you set the method to get, action to the URL, and the name of each field to the variables (action1, action2) then when the form submits I'm pretty sure it should automatically create the URL like that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TacPaddy

(03-14-2016, 06:20 PM)Attilio Wrote: [ -> ]In that case in the form if you set the method to get, action to the URL, and the name of each field to the variables (action1, action2) then when the form submits I'm pretty sure it should automatically create the URL like that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Still as clueless as before, but I think you've led me in the right direction. Wink Thank you.
And my eyes just glazed over lol
(03-12-2016, 01:56 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fellow fleet mates,

I need a little bit of help regarding HTML or JavaScript coding, so I am hoping to benefit from your expertise.

I need a little form, which has three variables to be filled in. After three three Variables have been entered, they  need to be inserted into a hyperlink.

Probably super easy, but it eludes me. Any help is much appreciated.

Live Long and Prosper
TP
Unfortunately it is easier for me to show someone how to do it the to tell them so I would have to say I couldn't be much help with it.
(03-14-2016, 09:03 PM)smallen22575 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately it is easier for me to show someone how to do it the to tell them so I would have to say I couldn't be much help with it.

Umm... Why not post an answer about how to do it? Im sorry I don't have the expertise, but if you have the knowledge then please use it, don't just say you don't want to write it out???
I didn't say I didn't want to help or that I didn't want to write it out.  I said It is easier for me to show someone how to do it then to tell them.  It is hard for me to put into words on how to do it.
Pages: 1 2