STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Great updates to the trait system happening soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hallelujah, praise Jeebus!!! I (among many others) have been wishing for a way to have separate ground and space trait loadouts since they first introduced traits. I guess it takes a year or so for Cryptic to catch up. And the additional space traits are a welcome addition, especially for my Ferasan who only had 4 space traits to begin with.
This is great! And they're giving us a bunch of nice traits as well. Well done Cryptic!
This is beyond great!!
There were rumors of this happening for some time...I'm glad the time has come!! Smile

TacPaddy

They are already testing it on Tribble. Here is the proof:
[attachment=1521]
Some preliminary numbers here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3s...n_tribble/

Would be curious to know in what damage category pool Beam/Cannon/Projective Training and Fleet Coordinator will be placed.

Also, a dev commented on that reddit post that "Innocuous's Crit Severity is being lowered to 1.5%"...
This is more than nice. To understand this - when I will be doing mission where I can not switch traits obviously, I will have in space active space trait and on the ground active ground traits?

TacPaddy

(11-14-2015, 05:15 PM)maxtorman Wrote: [ -> ]This is more than nice. To understand this - when I will be doing mission where I can not switch traits obviously, I will have in space active space trait and on the ground active ground traits?
Yes, that's the whole point of it.

eaglescoutdjb

It's about time, Nevandon has been talking about the devs working on this for months.
So looking forward to this. A lot of times I will forget to check/change traits. And like OP says, don't really see a downside to this
I'm really happy about this. Since I never remember to change traits when moving from space combat to ground combat. Not sure if I'm just lazy, forgetful, or maybe it's I love space combat a little more than ground combat.
Pages: 1 2