STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Preparing for Admiralty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, it seems I've got some googling to do! Would anyone care to give an abridged version of why the above is necessary? What's the benefit of getting all these admiralty cards?

Many thanks!

MGE.
(Off to get googling)
(10-14-2015, 09:20 PM)Mikegolfecho Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, it seems I've got some googling to do! Would anyone care to give an abridged version of why the above is necessary? What's the benefit of getting all these admiralty cards?

Many thanks!

MGE.
(Off to get googling)

More ships at your disposal means your capability of using the admiralty system increases incrementally upon launch. 

Ships on repair? No worries, you've got others waiting in the wings. It will especially come in handy when you make your way further in the campaigns and have more ships on duty.

Not enough ships of the right type? No problem. Having extra ships, means it is far less likely to be without the right type of ship to send.

And lower tier ships? Easier to repair, lower wait times, and pretty damn useful when your high end ships are having their torque sensors realligned
Is this going to be just like doff assignments except with ships?
Pretty much exactly that, Kenthend. Except the cooldowns on your ships prevent reusing the same ones for a mission immediately, hence the need for a larger variety of ships. The rewards when you clear the Fed tour of duty are two spec points, while the KDF tour grants 30K dilithium. Each tour can be completed by any faction.
Nice video to watch with details about the new reputation

https://youtu.be/wHvAekSVKMw

TacPaddy

(11-11-2015, 09:20 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]On Tribble small ships have already gotten their Admiralty cards,

They are small stats (like 2 Sci / 2 Tac / 2 Eng), but great bonuses...
If I remember correctly both Vadwaur Pythus and Voth Heavy Fighter got ignore +all from events!
Not to mention the incredible low maintenance time of only 5 minutes. Wink
Well so we can use them to skip those missions with insane numbers ...