STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Armada System!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some great new info about the Armada system has been swung our way!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-t...il/9572303

It even says about "commissioned starships!" I wonder if that means we'll be able to use the ships we have lying dormant! I certainly hope so!

"The roster of Admiralty Ships at your disposal is comprised of all starship classes that you currently have access to. This includes all commissioned starships"

TacPaddy

Ship Roster Slot sale incoming....
I cant wait to get out of my probation to buy some fleet ships, will they count towards this event? And how this admiralty system will be implemented?
(09-29-2015, 04:59 PM)Katarro Wrote: [ -> ]I cant wait to get out of my probation to buy some fleet ships, will they count towards this event? And how this admiralty system will be implemented?

Read the article.
I read it but I dont understand which ships will be the ones you can use.

What I read is this

"Admiralty Ships

The roster of Admiralty Ships at your disposal is comprised of all starship classes that you currently have access to. This includes all commissioned starships, and you will retain access to Admiralty Ships for starships that you dismiss from your active roster. It does not include starships still inside Reward Packs, or those not yet claimed."

Does this mean any ship, ships I already bought, ships you get from the fleet? Which ones? I have access to the ships in the fleet shipyard so if I buy one will enter into this category?
You can use every ship you have ever bought/earned/owned.
Oh OK awesome. Time to spend some dil on some ships.
Not true, you can use every ship you've ever owned that you currently still have. They did some Q&A on Reddit about this and clarified some points here https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3m...ty_system/

Here's what I got out of the thread, as a TL;DR version.

1) Fleet ships and their regular variants count as two distinct ships for the card system but T5 and T5U do not. Mirror and retrofit/refit variants also count as separate cards. 
2) There is a point to keeping low-tier ships because their repair times are lower, and abilities are unique.
3) They didn't have a way of tracking the ownership of ships prior to the launch of this system, so anything you've dismissed before is NOT going to be counted as "owned" for the Admiralty system. You'd need to reacquire it. This also goes for any Lockbox or other acquired event ships you may have although the ones you currently have unpacked and active will count.
4) Any faction can complete the two campaigns open right now, and more will be added in the future. 
5) Shuttles and small craft aren't included right now but at some point will be added.

As an aside the price of mirror ships has exploded on the Exchange so if you have a bunch stored up, now's a great time to dump them for some quick cash.
Well I was just going off the info from their official website, where they say it is every single ship.
If you've ever owned a ship, you just have to go to the ship requisition officer to get it back. Or sometimes the C-Store or the seasonal event store. We'll have a limited number of ships that can be used at any given time anyway though - I think the max is supposed to be 8. So there's no big advantage to having more ships than that anyway.
Pages: 1 2