STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Double XP Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

eaglescoutdjb

The double XP weekend that was supposed to start today is being pushed back with no mention of when it will be.  A few of us asked on Twitter for the reason that it's being moved but so far I haven't seen a response.  They haven't said what weekend it's being moved to, the patch notes just say it's being moved to a later date.
Maybe they are afraid that the hacker will strike again.

eaglescoutdjb

As far as anyone can tell the DDOS attacks were targeting Neverwinter, STO was only taken down because STO and Neverwinter share the same server.
??? No XP weekend? Maybe its because we just had the r and d weekend recently and so they want to space things out...
I think they should have considered that during last week a lot of players didnt get to play because of the DDOs attack.
(09-24-2015, 03:05 PM)Katarro Wrote: [ -> ]I think they should have considered that during last week a lot of players didnt get to play because of the DDOs attack.

Absolutely, but you can appreciate why they would compensate players in kind for things that are their fault, rather than things that (if you take away that security breaches can be down to a lack of due-diligence on the company's side) aren't.

I wouldn't put it past them. It is most likely to be because of the short length of time just passed from the R&D event.