STO Academy Forum

Full Version: What are the best sets for ship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sets that can be obtained via missions. I was trying the Bren set but one of the items has to be obtained during the Winter event, so that one is out of the window, I am trying to get the best possible set of items for my ship that I can obtain by grinding or doing missions, if you know any set that can be obtained by reputation would you be so kind to let me know.

Thank you guys

eaglescoutdjb

There really is no one best set, if you want something universal that will work with any build the 4 piece Iconian set is probably the best but you won't get the most out of your build with that.  For a drain build I like using Dominion Polaron with the 2 part Jem'Hadar set, deflector and engines, for the flow caps and Polaron damage boost and the 2 part Iconian set, core and shields, for it's defensive bonuses.  For DPS the 4 part Iconian set is good but the 3 part Iconian set with either the Romulan engines or the core from the mission Butterfly is also good.  That's 4 different ways to set your ship up and I didn't even mention torp boats, tanks, DPS/tanks or support builds.  This game is horrible when it comes to teaching you how to build your ship, the best way to learn is to decide what you want to do and ask for help to put it together.
Oh great thanks, I really like the Breen set but the only way to complete it is to do the Winter event. I got 2 elements now of the Iconian event waiting now for tomorrow to do it again to get the 3rd piece of the set.

TacPaddy

(09-23-2015, 05:48 PM)Katarro Wrote: [ -> ]Oh great thanks, I really like the Breen set but the only way to complete it is to do the Winter event. I got 2 elements now of the Iconian event waiting now for tomorrow to do it again to get the 3rd piece of the set.
Don't worry, Winter is coming...
LOL indeed, today is the second day of Autumn.
The Breen set is good for drain and transphasic orientated builds... Which many don't use. 

A good one to get from the missions that I been recommended is the solonae set from the Dyson story arc. It is good for tanking and might be good for your engineering ship.

Otherwise, the free ones from the Dominion and Breen arc are decent for a starter build to get the better reputation and fleet gear. 

The new sol defense set may also be worth  look into as well, although it will be at least another week before the whole set is released. 
I have the 2 pieces of the new sol defense and I think another piece comes out today, will try to grab it as soon as I get home.

Now from what the fleet has to offer what do you think would be the best items and can I stack them?
(09-24-2015, 03:04 PM)Katarro Wrote: [ -> ]I have the 2 pieces of the new sol defense and I think another piece comes out today, will try to grab it as soon as I get home.

Now from what the fleet has to offer what do you think would be the best items and can I stack them?

Katarro,

Not sure what you mean by "stacking items", as you would't want to get more of 1 of each fleet item, except to weapons and consoles of course. The only thing you can "stack" in the game is consumables anyway....

For what the fleet has to offer, I assume you mean the fleet stores. I suggest that you look at this page of STO wiki
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet and look through the items available from each section of the fleet. 

For all of these you will need fleet credits and dilithium, which are obtainable through donating to the fleet through the projects tab on the fleet section near your map display in-game. Thus, its more like what you have to offer to the fleet than it is what the fleet has to offer to you. The most efficient method of donation is Dilithium, for which there is always capacity to donate to projects. Note that you will also need pure dilithium to buy the fleet items in conjuction with the fleet credits. Due to this, and the fact that since you have just returned from a long absence and your resources may be lacking,you may want to look at other available ways to donate, such as fleet marks. 

Aside from that, the fleet is not just some "resource" that is to be used (or exploited) by players for better quality items. It is in fact a community of players. Have you joined the official STOA ingame chat channel yet?  This is the proper STO Academy fleet, which people talk about the game, and organise fleet runs of ques (and ground pvp with me)  and generally have fun. 

I would encourage you to look at STO WIKI for any other questions that you have regarding the fleet system and items. 

Hope this helps,

AAAICT
Great thanks, yes I was asking about consoles because I have seen several "builds" where the players have like 4 of the same console, science/engineering. I dont have access yet to the fleet items, still on "probation" but I was asking specially about what weapons/consoles on the fleet you all have found to be more effective. I do a lot of the Borg/ Tholian missions (daily ones) so I want to provide or been able to contribute in the damage output done in those battles. I have a Dyson ship (the old science ship from the Tuvok event) and I have a T-6 I just obtained from a box. and those are the ships I will be using the most.

So any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Please dont fell obligated to answer, I am just curious I have look at the wiki but it is overwhelming for me trying to figure out all the acronyms used for the different consoles and weapons.
(09-25-2015, 01:41 PM)Katarro Wrote: [ -> ]Great thanks, yes I was asking about consoles because I have seen several "builds" where the players have like 4 of the same console, science/engineering. I dont have access yet to the fleet items, still on "probation" but I was asking specially about what weapons/consoles on the fleet you all have found to be more effective. I do a lot of the Borg/ Tholian missions (daily ones) so I want to provide or been able to contribute in the damage output done in those battles. I have a Dyson ship (the old science ship from the Tuvok event) and I have a T-6 I just obtained from a box. and those are the ships I will be using the most.

So any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Please dont fell obligated to answer, I am just curious I have look at the wiki but it is overwhelming for me trying to figure out all the acronyms used for the different consoles and weapons.

Ahh don't worry.... those acronyms still give me problems even now...