STO Academy Forum

Full Version: DPS 10K vs DPS Bronze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi all,
   Im quite new to the whole dps 10K thing, and was wondering if there was any major difference between the DPS 10K and Bronze channels? I joined both, and was wondering if there was any difference in the type or quality of the missions or players that each channel run.

Thanks,

AAAICT

EDIT- Sorry I didn't realize what had occurred, and so It looks like I have opened a big pandora's box. 

Later Edit- I would like to say thank you to Hellspawny, the DPS Metal Admin who has kindly attempted to explain some of my queries and concerns later on in this thread- you are welcome to read the correspondence, but please do not rage on this thread, and try to keep and open and objective mind. For this, please go to page 3  

LATER EDIT- I would like to say thank you to Snipey47a and SOB for posting in this thread and so giving both sides to what happened. They have also presented some rebuttal to Hellspawny's letter ( which was not an official statement) . Please let me remind everyone To keep and open and objective mind and not to rage on this thread. 

NOTE- all opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of the STO Academy Fleets 

eaglescoutdjb

The 10k channel is the original DPS channels, bronze is run by the ass holes that tried to take over the DPS channels because changes to the rules meant they wouldn't be at the top anymore.
(08-20-2015, 01:16 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: [ -> ]The 10k channel is the original DPS channels, bronze is run by the ass holes that tried to take over the DPS channels because changes to the rules meant they wouldn't be at the top anymore.

What happened? Which rules got changed and does that still affect people now?

eaglescoutdjb

People were doing runs with Recluses setup to buff and heal the person making the run, sometimes 3 or 4 of them, so that they could boost their DPS to levels they could never get in a pug or with a normal group.  From what I understand all they wanted to change was to put these runs in a separate category on the DPS tables so that everyone on the main table had a fair chance at the top.  A few of the admins didn't like it so one day during maintenance they logged on to Tribble and ran bot that kicked everyone, over 7500 people, from the DPS chat channels and invited them their new channels, while at the same time they made posts on reddit and the STO forum making it sound like this was just a reorganization of the DPS channels.  They tried to take over because their ego couldn't take it if someone else might be able to beat their DPS.
gee thats bad... Do people still do organized buff run like that.... Not sure that really true DPS parseing... Confused  I guess that means that the top dps people @ezri_carter I guess is somewhat a fraud. 

When did this all happen? 7.5K people getting kicked from the dps channels must have caused an uproar. From what I can see the official channels are far more active than the bronze runs. 

EDIT- I just read the official statements and the reddit response, and as so far agree with the official channels perspective that this was a hostile takeover with the purpose of breaking up the original ( and now only in my opinion) channels. That was disgusting behavior, conducting a takeover being everyone's backs with no attempt to voice their concerns properly. I am surprised that Cryptic didn't do anything about it. I don't agree with the opinion that the only option was to kick everyone with informing them, there are far more peaceful and democratic options.

eaglescoutdjb

Cryptic'x stance was that they needed to be neutral.  Not sure I agree with that when they had to have used a bot to clear the old channels and invite that many people to the new ones in few hours.  Seems like that would be in TOS somewhere.
So which one of these is the non-buff run channel?

eaglescoutdjb

The numbered DPS channels, the metal channels are the new ones.
http://stodps.com/
(08-20-2015, 05:49 PM)eaglescoutdjb Wrote: [ -> ]The numbered DPS channels, the metal channels are the new ones.
http://stodps.com/

When did the new website get online? I had been looking at the old one and never realized there was a new one. Even when you search up in google "sto dps" it still gives the old one. I still haven't got the invite for DPS-200 Ground yet, and have put the post in the forums, would it be best to contact an admin?

eaglescoutdjb

I first saw it yesterday during Valikin's stream, not sure when it went live.  I know nothing about the DPS ground channels, an admin could probably tell you who to talk to.  When my ground build is done I plan to see what I can get but that's a lot of EC and upgrading away.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6