STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Plasmonic Leech/M.A.C.O. Space Set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pinkscarab

I have heard that it is not a good idea to use the Plasmonic leech with the M.A.C.O. Space set....is this true? and why?

Thanks! Huh
At some point, Cryptic built in a conflict between the MACO Shield's Power Conduit feature and the Plasmonic Leech's. The effect is that, while each gives you a stacking buff, the triggering of the other cancels the stack.

More here (mixed in with people complaining about it):
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showth...?t=1008771

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinkscarab

Thanks a lot that is a huge help! Big Grin
The leech is preferred because it is a console, allowing you to slot better shields.
From what I've read, the Leech also stacks more times (8 v 5, I think), and is affected by Flow Caps (MACO shield isn't boosted by anything). Also, the MACO shield proc is triggered by receiving damage, whereas the Leech is trigger by dealing damage (with energy weapons).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinkscarab

Ok then the leech it is! I am also using the delta space set with it, nice visuals.. Cool
Use fleet shields I'll link you one in game

Pinkscarab

I am looking at them now but not sure which one to plan on getting....SmileCool
Get yourself Resilient ResB Fleet shields...arguably the best stand-alone shields in the game if you're not hunting for a specific set-bonus.

Pinkscarab

I got them and they are performing very well, thanksBig Grin