STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Fed Fleet Defiant AP Build WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...ntwip_9476

Here's my Fleet Defiant Retrofit AP build. It's come a long way since I joined this fleet, but still has a long way to go. Any suggestions/criticisms/input is kindly welcome. This ship should be doing far more DPS than it is and that concerns me a bit. Shields and hull still a little on the squishy side too although the Kobali set has helped.
I have a few suggestions to help boost the dps.  I'll start with the cheap stuff and then add on the more expensive longer term stuff after.  I'm seeing two copies of apo and two copies of apb.  I'm pretty sure you can only cycle through 3 of those so your wasting the second lt com spot.  I'd suggest adding another faw3 there and dropping faw1.  That means you'll be wasting an ensign slot instead of the lt comm slot.  The ship has an unfortunate boff layout so unless you want to add a rear torp, which is not what I'm recommending, then your going to waste a tac slot no matter what.  I'd also replace the emergency power to shield with emergency power to weapons.  Cycling two copies of that will significantly reduce your weapon power drain.  I know that will leave you a bit more squishy, but your going to be regardless in that ship.  That's about it for the cheap stuff.

For the pricey long term things you'll want to of course get the spire consoles and upgrade them to Mk XIV.  Combining those (the vulnerability locators) with crtdx3 or crtdx2/pen weapons will help maximize your damage.  Of course you will want those upgraded to Mk XIV as well.  A fleet warp core with AMP and W>A will help with power drain and help boost the Nukara space trait for offense (if you have it unlocked).  I like to run the Nukara deflector and shield for the 2.5% damage boost the 2 piece set gives along with the Romulan engine for the boost that gives to attack patterns.

Your current doffs are mostly useless with your current build.  You'll want to look for some things to help you out there.  You'll be able to get a little defensive help by using some of the damage control doffs etc...  I'm sure there are some other things that I'm not thinking of, but there is plenty here to keep you busy for a while.
Thanks for the input! You read my mind - I'm working on the nukara deflector/shield and rommy engine from conversations i've been having with @martok73 and @usarina. I remember something about the boff setup situation i've gotten myself into and need to fix that. I've known for sometime that my DBBs are trash and have some mk IIs crtdx2 that i'm upgrading slowly but surely.

(03-20-2015, 01:13 AM)martinison Wrote: [ -> ]I have a few suggestions to help boost the dps.  I'll start with the cheap stuff and then add on the more expensive longer term stuff after.  I'm seeing two copies of apo and two copies of apb.  I'm pretty sure you can only cycle through 3 of those so your wasting the second lt com spot.  I'd suggest adding another faw3 there and dropping faw1.  That means you'll be wasting an ensign slot instead of the lt comm slot.  The ship has an unfortunate boff layout so unless you want to add a rear torp, which is not what I'm recommending, then your going to waste a tac slot no matter what.  I'd also replace the emergency power to shield with emergency power to weapons.  Cycling two copies of that will significantly reduce your weapon power drain.  I know that will leave you a bit more squishy, but your going to be regardless in that ship.  That's about it for the cheap stuff.

For the pricey long term things you'll want to of course get the spire consoles and upgrade them to Mk XIV.  Combining those (the vulnerability locators) with crtdx3 or crtdx2/pen weapons will help maximize your damage.  Of course you will want those upgraded to Mk XIV as well.  A fleet warp core with AMP and W>A will help with power drain and help boost the Nukara space trait for offense (if you have it unlocked).  I like to run the Nukara deflector and shield for the 2.5% damage boost the 2 piece set gives along with the Romulan engine for the boost that gives to attack patterns.

Your current doffs are mostly useless with your current build.  You'll want to look for some things to help you out there.  You'll be able to get a little defensive help by using some of the damage control doffs etc...  I'm sure there are some other things that I'm not thinking of, but there is plenty here to keep you busy for a while.

eaglescoutdjb

With some help from Valikinfx during one of his streams I came up with this.  It's an expensive build but if you want to maximize your DPS it's what you want to shoot for.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?buil...acdps_6261

You could also drop the kemocite and overload for 2 torp spreads and a beta and take the crystalline torp in place of one of the beam banks.  This build would also be good for an engineer because the extra heals would allow you to take DEM 1 and E2W 1.

Lerch2000

Ok little confused how do you plan on having 2 omni's (1 per ship), did they change that?
You can run ancient and crafted together currently.

Lerch2000

(04-29-2015, 06:43 PM)robonixon Wrote: [ -> ]You can run ancient and crafted together currently.

Thx didnt know, is it a bug or is that how they just got it set up now?

(Bug then Dont want it is why) eitherway thx
It's set up that way. One crafted omni AP and one ancient omni AP. there is/was a bug by which one could slot three omni APs. Two, though, is kosher, so to speak.

Lerch2000

(04-30-2015, 06:26 AM)puckalish Wrote: [ -> ]It's set up that way. One crafted omni AP and one ancient omni AP. there is/was a bug by which one could slot three omni APs. Two, though, is kosher, so to speak.

Just seems a little unfair for those who don't use ap, maybe later they'll add other omni weapon styles to ballance it for the other base damage types.
Yes, it does, doesn't it? And then there's the extra crit severity and the crystalline torp and ...
Pages: 1 2