STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Cryptic ignoring us?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was just thinking back and way before Delta Rising or even the Dyson Sphere I remember Cryptic posting a poll of what species from Voyager we would like to see more of. I remember the Krenim were number 1 by a very large margin and the Voth were barely on the list. Then they add the Voth instead and whats worse is after going through Delta Rising, there are several missions that indicate that the Vaadwaur pretty much wiped out the Krenim Empire. So not only did they not take our feedback but they blatantly made it to where we probably will never seem them outside of a lockbox ship. I don't know whether to be pissed or amused by this.
I agree, but at the same time we don't know if there was some input from CBS that forced the decisions.  Honestly though, not many of their decisions seem to be in line with what the community asks for.

TacPaddy

I feel totally ignored by Cryptic. Ever since the BOFF Training revamp, my Engineering and Tactical Liberated Borg can craft Training Manuals in ET3 or TT3. I wrote about in the official Forums in the Bug Reports section, but still it is not listed as known issue.
Makes me wonder, if those are actuall read by them.
They don't ignore us, They just have their own vision of making game better, and that's accidentally different from what players wish...
Sometimes kids don't know what's good for them, right? Wink 
I'd say it's more PWE's fault for appropriating their budget. So many things that we want are mostly a "if we have free time" case, and it is unfortunate, but at least we do get SOME things in the end. Like the sector blocks coming together, I think we just have to take the little victories at this point
(03-13-2015, 11:17 PM)giantcornsnake Wrote: [ -> ]So I was just thinking back and way before Delta Rising or even the Dyson Sphere I remember Cryptic posting a poll of what species from Voyager we would like to see more of. I remember the Krenim were number 1 by a very large margin and the Voth were barely on the list. Then they add the Voth instead and whats worse is after going through Delta Rising, there are several missions that indicate that the Vaadwaur pretty much wiped out the Krenim Empire. So not only did they not take our feedback but they blatantly made it to where we probably will never seem them outside of a lockbox ship. I don't know whether to be pissed or amused by this.

You're very lucky that you have only discovered this now. Over the summer, I had to wait 3 WEEKS for Cryptic to fix the mac client. Support told us to post on the official forums, but as usual, no one replied. Picard Facepalm When I look at dev tracker, it seems that the Cyptic moderators and dev are not very active and only act when there has been something offensive, particularly to them  Angry 

Reason for this, see my thread about my thoughts on Cryptic in the STOA forum.
I'm with Jack, here... only barely got back into the game when DR came out and it was near impossible to do anything in-game (I think I tried 3 different wrappers for the application with varying degrees of success) for almost a month... On a positive note, I had very little unrefined dilithium ore at the end of that period, which kind of felt good...?