STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Leonard Nimoy, Rest in Peace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Leonard Nimoy, our beloved Spock, who died today at 83.

He died in his home in Los Angeles with his wife by his side.

Rest in Peace, Sir. Someday we will see you out there.

LLAP

TacPaddy

He may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.

Nothing can truly express his legacy, but one thing is for sure. As long as Star Trek lives, so does the memory and of Nimoy.
Rest In Peace Leonard Nimoy, 

Thank you for inspiring many generations and millions of people across the globe to boldly go where no one has gone before...

LLAP
*Does Vulcan salute and bows head in respect* Goodbye Mr. Spock and may we never forget the impact you left on all us Trekkies!, Godspeed!
Over the weekend we will be running some of the story missions that Spock had his voice in.

I had a brilliant suggestion from @jamesbryce and we should definitely follow their advice and go to Vulcan to pay our respects.

I did this earlier this evening and the instances have been filling up with players, so I think that would be the perfect thing to do as a fleet Smile
Went to Vulcan today after I heard the new to pay my respects. Was truly amazed at the number of full instances. I even turned on zone chat and we impressed by the amount of support going out to him and was gratified to see not 1 person was trolling. Just goes to show you what a fine community we do have here in the STO universe. R.I.P Leonard Nimoy

Kudo's to TP for putting that video clip
Thank you TacPaddy, for posting the clip. I remember being in the theater for Wrath of Khan. When Spock died, there was a collective gasp and then sobs. It was the first time I remember crying in a public setting...And I'm not ashamed to admit that fact. Mr. Nimoy created one of the most memorable characters ever. My prayers go out to his family, and to all who loved him.
Rest in peace...
"Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels... his was the most... human."
Admiral James T. Kirk

I will never forget you Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) you always be in my heart brother! Long live and prosper!

Masamune
It was really beautiful to see the stuff folks were sharing and all the witnessing of the passing of Mr Nimoy earlier in the day yesterday. Even the arguments that popped up in zone chat were all about celebrating his life vs. soberly mourning his passing and stayed (for zone chat) classy.

On another note, the character, as written, was neat and all, but the way Nimoy played Spock kind of defined that "type" of character in speculative fiction/SF from that point forward.

And Nimoy was more than Spock, too... standing up for his fellow castmembers, working on... well... saving whales, on set and off, among other things... his writing, photography, general attitude about life and how to treat people. What a legacy.
Pages: 1 2