STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Possible incoming Argala exp change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not surprised. I'm sure they will come up with some excuse along the lines of "The players were abusing it" like they did with the last system similar to Argala.

Considering that with the gap between 50 and 60 and the lack of XP provided from the latest episode, it's almost like Cryptic/PWE wants to make it as slow and painful a grind as possible.
(02-23-2015, 06:32 PM)RWJP Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not surprised. I'm sure they will come up with some excuse along the lines of "The players were abusing it" like they did with the last system similar to Argala.

Considering that with the gap between 50 and 60 and the lack of XP provided from the latest episode, it's almost like Cryptic/PWE wants to make it as slow and painful a grind as possible.

I totally agree. Running Argala is slow and painful enough to have me say "F*** it" to grinding Command Spec points as it is. If they put time gates on patrols, they will effectively kill the game in my opinion. New players will never be able to catch up to older players and the gap will grow.
Should be fun. Hopefully, the new content provides the kind of XPs folks will need... I mean, they've got to be aware of how dull the 50-60 leveling grind became... Anyways, I'm really just dropping in to say thanks for the inside scoop, Chris!
I got bugged by the exact same thing

I think the sector patrol changes are good and bad in their own ways!
Dilithium and marks are always great, but the cool down does suck.
The whole exp thing however, will leave players finding out which ones are longer to yield the most exp, and just run them in sequence. A bit of travel work definitely, but not something that can't be worked around.

You never know, some patrols you could end up getting more exp in now than previously, and several might even give you the same!

I guess this will just be a case of trial and error, but it will also add a little bit of variety I guess to what you're fighting.
I'm mad about the patrol change but I like that they are finally adding in APCs outside of BHE. I was getting tired of running that.
Not having a dilithium award for episode mission is something that has bugged me from the start.  It makes no sense to invest 30-45 minutes playing through it while getting nothing but a rare piece of junk that's going to go straight to the vendor.  This to me is a huge step in the right direction.  I'm not fond of the time gates on sector patrols, but getting rewarded dilithium for everything we do is going to be awesome.  There are so many things in this game I've avoided for years because there is simply no reward in doing it.  I can't remember the last time I ran through the episodes (other than the delta episodes).  I might just go through them again now.
I'm not all that bothered by the patrol nerf since I wasn't much of an Argala farmer anyways. The removal of the Tau Dewa sector patrol wrapper is a little annoying since one would get 60 RM's for doing 5 patrols, so there's a net loss of 10 marks. Adding additional XP to PvE queues and battlezones is a definite improvement, and I'm quite pleased by the addition of dilithium rewards to storyline missions. As anyone who's played the game for more than 3 days can tell you, every extra bit of dilithium helps. I'm also glad for the addition of "elite marks," as they called them, to the various battlezones as well. The lack of APC's on Kobali and BNP's on Defera has long been a pet peeve of mine, mostly because I've grown to hate Bug Hunt and I just plain stink at STF's (as anyone who's done them with me can tell you). My only pet peeve with this update is the change to gear rewards for DQ first-play missions. What about those of us who have already done them? Do we just get hosed out of the VR rewards or will there be some sort of compensation? Not that I expect an answer, of course.  Dodgy
I'll wait to see what the XP rewards are like for other missions to see if it compensates for the cool down... 

What I don't get is Cryptic obviously wanted us to grind, as they made the last episodes rewards not enough to rank up per mission... Yet now they want us to rank up even more slowly by slowing down the available grind.

Fortunately, I'm not too worried about Skill Points, so slowing Argala won't be a huge loss for my Fed toon, but my low level Rom and Klingon will definitely suffer from the grind up to 60.
LOl I was going to say the changes to the patrol mission don't bother me at all. But then I remembered I just got a new toon to LVL 50 last night. I guess will have to play the storyline again, at least it will be for double exp Confused
Grrr.  Just saw what the rewards for mission replays is.  You get the enormous total of 192 dilithium for replays.  Awesome!  Thanks Cryptic (insert sarcasm emote).
Pages: 1 2