STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Fleet Credit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to save up enough fleet credits to purchase a fleet Odyssey Cruiser, but I am about 130,000 short. What is the fastest way to get that many fleet credits.
Keep contributing to fleet projects. Dilithium is probably the best way.

TacPaddy

Dilithium is the fastest way but returns only 1 Fleet Credit per refined Dilithium. Try also to contribute Fleet Marks, Commodities, Duty Officers, etc.

Btw, you may want to reconsider the "Fleet Odyssey". It is NOT an improvement of the C-Store Odyssey, but the "weaker" Version that was released at STO's 2nd Anniversary. Also, I believe it cannot be upgraded to T5-U.
The fastest way is dilithium unfortunately, but it does raise the question, as most of us don't sit on a huge stockpile of ore and don't spend hard earned zen on it, is there any other way to earn credits at a good rate without having to grind a lot?

In addition I have nearly 1000 fleet marks ready to turn in, but every week all the project fill up before I can use them. Is there any other way to possible use them?
What would be a good improvement then. Right now I have a bioship which is ok but i kinda want a fed ship
You can also get token called Fleet Credit Boost from exchange, you get 20% more on each contribution which is worth on long run. 
For example, you get 130,000 Credits for contributing something like 100,000 for real.

EDIT:
Oh, and as TP said, that ship is not worth of it if you have any T5U or T6 ship.

You should better start grinding EC and get yourself 4 Fleet Ship Modules for Fleet ship or Dilithium to convert to Zen and then buy C-store ship.

There is no fast way for either of those advice, unless you make it faster with real $$...
(02-09-2015, 07:47 PM)moltrase125 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to save up enough fleet credits to purchase a fleet Odyssey Cruiser, but I am about 130,000 short. What is the fastest way to get that many fleet credits.

I've got to throw in my 2 cents...I have found that Fleet contributions are by far, the best way to get what you need.  I'm sitting on over 1,000,000 Fleet Credits, just from the past month or so.  Contributions to the Fleet also open up new purchasing opportunities for you.  (Unless your Fleet is maxed out, then you just buy, buy, buy!)  Personally, my method is the tried and true "grind."  I know it's cumbersome, but it seems to make things like buying an Embassy Console, or upgrading an array from 13 to 14, taste so much sweeter.  The other advantage of constantly grinding, is that you become a better Captain.  I wish you success in your endeavor!  Regards...Will

TacPaddy

(02-10-2015, 12:34 PM)Munshower Wrote: [ -> ]I've got to throw in my 2 cents...I have found that Fleet contributions are by far, the best way to get what you need.  I'm sitting on over 1,000,000 Fleet Credits, just from the past month or so.  Contributions to the Fleet also open up new purchasing opportunities for you.  (Unless your Fleet is maxed out, then you just buy, buy, buy!)  Personally, my method is the tried and true "grind."  I know it's cumbersome, but it seems to make things like buying an Embassy Console, or upgrading an array from 13 to 14, taste so much sweeter.  The other advantage of constantly grinding, is that you become a better Captain.  I wish you success in your endeavor!  Regards...Will

If you are sitting on over a million Fleet Credits, then I suggest you buy Fleet Duty Officers, that are needed in your Fleet. I've been doing that for ages and contributed ressources worth of 32 million Fleet Credits over the last two years.
(02-10-2015, 12:43 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]If you are sitting on over a million Fleet Credits, then I suggest you buy Fleet Duty Officers, that are needed in your Fleet. I've been doing that for ages and contributed ressources worth of 32 million Fleet Credits over the last two years.

Thanks for the advice...I bought everything that I needed at Omega.  I didn't know that was an option.  You learn something new everyday...Greatly appreciated!

TacPaddy

(02-10-2015, 12:54 PM)Munshower Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice...I bought everything that I needed at Omega.  I didn't know that was an option.  You learn something new everyday...Greatly appreciated!

Just head to the Starbase and talk to the Personnel Officer in Ops. Hint: With some very, very rare exceptions you will only need Common Duty Officers. So choose carefully. You can buy random Careers for 500 FC or career-specific for 750 FC. With the current state of the Omega Fleet Holdings, I recommend buying random careers. That way, you cover more Fleet Holdings.

However, you should assign for R&D DOFFs to active Duty once to make them bound. Each time you are going to contribute Duty Officers, you recognize them by their blue / red Lock Icon. You don't want to contribute your R&D DOFFs, believe me. Wink
Pages: 1 2