STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Omega Speech to the fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hailing all STOA ships,

As you may have seen in today's weekly fleet news, the STO Academy Omega has officially opened it's doors. This is our third Federation fleet, and fourth overall. I can't believe this day has finally come but it's here.

If on February 22nd when I opened the STO Fan site (which later became STOA) someone said to me that by the end of 2014 I'd be the head of the STOA Fleet comprised of 3 Fed and 1 KDF fleets I'd say to that person, "those poor KDF just can't catch a break ." Picard Facepalm

James and myself have been planning the possibility of a third Federation fleet since July 2013. We saw our numbers constantly growing and knew that it would come to this. My hope was to open Omega on our anniversary next year but our rosters have just been pushed to the limits and it became necessary to open it now.

Still I think it's a great way to kick off the new year (even if the new year is a couple months away).  I'd like to thank each and everyone of you. Those of you who have joined, those who work hard day after day to make the fleet a fun social place, those who patiently help and answer questions from the newest members, those who work side by side with me to constantly improve the fleet, and any category I may have overlooked. Each of you made this happen. Each of you has made STOA THE fleet to be a part of.

At last count we have about 630 people in this fleet. So raise your glasses of bloodwine, set your phases to stun, and engage cloak because here we go again! It's time to build another fleet from the ground up. Cheers to the Omega! Cheers to all of you! Cheers to the STO Academy!

Live long and prosper Live Long and Prosper
I surely agree. The members of this fleet are truly awesome. Since I have joined, I have seen nothing but members being extremely helpful, patient, and very kind to me. I love this fleet and all of its members. Joining was one of the best decisions I have made. I had to leave another fleet to do so and I have no regrets. I aspire to be a highly valuable member someday. Thank you and James for all that you do. I salute you both.
Thanks.

Although let's try not to bring back threads from 3 years ago Smile it pushes down more recent threads that could be more important.