STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Raifin's Polaron Odyssey PvE build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here are my initial thoughts. I am assuming you are running a Broadside Beam Boat from your weapon layout. If so why run turrets, I really feel they are only good if you are using cannons or beam banks, and not two more phased polaron beam arrays?

Next, Definately get switched to the polaron phase modulators asap. Since you are running torps I would run 2 phase modulators and 1 whatever it is that boosts tricobalt damage (assuming the oddy has 3 tac consoles, I dont remember, If it only has 2 then dont run the tricobalt one)

Next, What are you running for science and engineering consoles? I like the hull armor that gives resistance to plasma for stf for engineering slots and Field Emmiters, that give +35% shields, for science slots.
On a note the Field Emmiters are looking at a hefty nerf coming based on what is currently on the Tribble server. They dont like how they stack but instead of just making it so you cant stack them they are instead looking at reducing them to +18% instead of +35% and letting them stack. Hopefully they will listen to the feedback, 90% of which wants them to leave them alone and just make them so they dont stack, but who knows. I guess what I am saying is you might want to hold off investing in them.
I run a one_size_fit_all Galor with Gem set, 8x Phased Polaron

Consoles,
Eng : EPS, RCS, 2x Neutronium
Science : Field Generator, Shield Emitter
Tactical : 3x Polaron

2x EPtW, 2x EPtS, 1x AuxToStruc, 1x RSP3
2x TT, 2x FBaW

The build allows constant >100 power for weapon and shield (base 90/60/25/25) through cycling of EPtW and EPtS, plus Doff random triggered power boost.

One thing I wish is a bigger base value for the Gem shield. Smile
The extra resistance on crew disable/death is really nice though.

torps? I am just too lazy to aim. :p
Just curious to know what everybody's idea energy weapon is best at fighting the borg
Basically every weapon type is equal if you have the same weapon. That is if you get the Mk X borg weapon all energy types will do same damage. Also every energy type has the same chance to proc its bonus effect so its really about flavor more then anything else.

With that being said many people feel that Antiproton is best because instead of having a proc ability it has a higher crit rate by the same ammount. However really thats just another kind of flavor.
Thanks for the info guys, I'll give Antiproton a go.
Not meaning to burst your bubble, but you -may- want to right-click and look at the info tab of the Jem'Hadar set. When I did, towards the bottom it said that the boost / bonus -only- applied to Cardassian Galor cruiser and one other ship.

I could be wrong, but I know the set I have says it somewhere in the description so you may want to check it out and see whether I'm right or wrong (think I'm right, but I've been wrong before!) =D
Tried the Anti proton weapons on my ship and although they seem to work I am only getting double digit hits. I do have a console for increased anti proton damage and mostly everything I have for my ship is either rare or very rare, as soon as I can get the chance I will post all equipment and stats for my current ship and maybe you guys can see if I can make some adjustments. Thanks