STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Long overdue Foundry Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TacPaddy

Just read the Patch notes for the August 14 patch:
  • Added the following costume options to the Costume Editor:

• All Factions:

• Undine Armor
      • Counter Command Exo Armor
      • Voth Armor
      • Omega Force Uniform
      • Kit Pieces
      • Risian Beachcomber Outfit
      • Risian Explorer Outfit
      • Risian Sunglasses
      • Risian Flower Accessories
      • Hirogen Armor
      • Risian Floaters
      • Winter Coats
      • Winter Jackets
      • Ferengi outfits
      • Vedek Robes
      • Tholian Silk Robes
      • Romulan Senate Robes
      • Khan’s Outfit
      • Dyson Sphere Uniforms
      • Temporal Agent Uniforms
      • Miner outfits
    • Federation:

• TNG Season 1 Uniform
      • TNG Season 1 Admiral Uniform
      • TOS Dress Uniforms and Badges
      • M.A.C.O. Armor
      • Wells Uniform
      • Racing Uniform
      • Section 31 Uniform
      • Jupiter Uniforms
      • Open Jacket Variants of Uniforms
      • Bajoran Militia Uniform
      • Rank Pips

• Wells
        • TNG Season 1
    • Romulan:

• Reman Nemesis
      • Romulan 22nd Century Uniform
      • Romulan Tal Shiar Uniform
      • Romulan Neutral Uniform
    • KDF:

• Honor Guard Uniform
      • Korath Uniform
      • Veteran Uniforms

• Several UGC contacts and NPC extras are now wearing the Odyssey tactical uniform.

• Renamed the superfluous Destiny Class vessel to Avenger.

• Bare calves option now available for male Foundry costumes.

• Updated the display names for the Earth Space Dock template maps in the Foundry.

• It is now possible to tag projects as category Quarters, for your entire player housing and crew quarter’s needs.

Foundry doesn't seem very high on the "to do" list for STO.

I would love to see a breakdown on the investment being put into the game and how much of developer's apparent "free time" is actually that
What does this mean and why am I get my hopes up? "It is now possible to tag projects as category Quarters, for your entire player housing and crew quarter’s needs."

I think they have someone who is working on porting the Neverwinter foundry to STO. By someone I mean just one person, don't quote me on that though.

EDIT: Just did some research on that "quarters" thing. Apparently you can flag a mission as that and use it only as an interior, i.e. player housing or ship interior. This would be good for RPing, or if you just want to create your own house.

TacPaddy

Well, it is a start. Imagine a nicely created interior for Fleet social Events, where all Fleet members could be invited to with their favorite characters. No more need for Legionnaires to switch to their Starfleet alternate Characters. Smile

sent from TP's PADD
(08-14-2014, 12:10 AM)Jstagg Wrote: [ -> ]Foundry doesn't seem very high on the "to do" list for STO.

I would love to see a breakdown on the investment being put into the game and how much of developer's apparent "free time" is actually that
considering how many great content (and pretty much the only new content) comes from it, i wonder why they don't improve it more often...  i do understand it won't get new player but since they keep talking about using user content for the storylines..
The only thing I can assume is that they don't want to put too much effort into it until they port the neverwinter foundry. That one looks amazing.