STO Academy Forum

Full Version: Fleet Kits in Season 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TacPaddy

Alright,

today I spent some time on Tribble, to figure out what the Fleet Kits from the Embassy and the Spire will be like starting with Season 9.

If you haven't had a Fleet Kit prior to Season 9, you may be sorry now. As it turned out, a pre-Season 9 Fleet Kits can be traded in and you get the same Fleet Kit back, but with 5 rare to very rare Kit Module. If you are going a to buy a Season 9 Fleet First, then you get it with just one Kit Module pre-equipped.

The following chart, let you what opportunities the Kits will give you. Please note, that the indicated Dilithium cost includes already the Dilithium discount from a T3 Dilithium Mine.

The Engineering, Science and Tactical Module represents a universal career-specific Module Slot, allowing you to slot any career-specific Module.

More info about the Kit revamp is available in the Season 9 Dev Blog #7.
[attachment=677]
(04-12-2014, 12:19 PM)TacPaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Alright,

today I spent some time on Tribble, to figure out what the Fleet Kits from the Embassy and the Spire will be like starting with Season 9.

First of all, if you already have Fleet Kits do not, I say again, DO NOT rush ahead and trade in your previously bought Fleet Kit for a new Season 9 Fleet Kit. Those will have only one very rare Module pre-equipped. Only trade it in, when you have the other Modules you want to equip it with.

The following chart, let you what opportunities the Kits will give you. Please note, that the indicated Dilithium cost includes already the Dilithium discount from a T3 Dilithium Mine.

The Engineering, Science and Tactical Module represents a universal career-specific Module Slot, allowing you to slot any career-specific Module.

More info about the Kit revamp is available in the Season 9 Dev Blog #7.
wow expensive. Thanks Tac for taking the time to build that file!

TacPaddy

I found out, that not every Module's category is obvious. This is especially the case for Tactical Modules. So I have updated the chart in the OP to include the Modules sorted per Category in their specific careers.
Any idea about the Mk X Very Rare kits you can buy from Battle Group Omega?

TacPaddy

(04-12-2014, 09:34 PM)Jstagg Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea about the Mk X Very Rare kits you can buy from Battle Group Omega?
I just went on Tribble to check that. Apparently there are only "standard" Kits available up to Mk IX. I have seen no Trade-In options for previously bought Kits. Sorry to bust your day.
I'm not fussed about it, was just a general enquiry Smile
Thanks for the heads up. Knowing Cryptic I would have had to dig through 20 blogs and 100 forum topics to find that out. I wasn't planning on turning mine in right away as I'm pretty happy with what I have at the moment. I'll probably have to start thinking about building one before we start ground war games though (as a side note, I've never done ground pvp so that should be interesting to say the least).
Thanks for this comprehensive list, TP.

TacPaddy

Opening Post updated with info about trade-in of pre-Season 9 Fleet Kits.

TacPaddy

I will check on that. The data on that chart was researched on Tribble, so last minute changes are most likely.